Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Does anyone know this documentary?

1. Feb 11, 2007 #1
    I can't really give any specific information on it other than from what I saw.

If anyone has traveled on Singapore airlines before, you'll know what I mean when I talk about the "in seat tv" that they have. In fact, they probably have it on other airlines by now, But I don't know since I haven't traveled on them.

On these headrest TV screens, you have a wide selection of tv shows/movies/documentaries etc you can watch. This one I saw roughly 3 years ago on a trip, and it was a Documentary about "free energy".

Now, I've tried looking for it, and downloaded what turned out to be a conspiracy theorist one, which is not it. What I can say was:

.It was by some science show (in the US), as I thought it was the discovery channel, but it could be some other cable TV network.

. It was done properly. It had an engineer debunk or review each "free energy" apparatus and explain why it couldn't work.

. The Engineer had brown hair (Yes, I can't remember the name of the film that much!)

If anyone has seen the same one, could they tell me the title?

I can remember one of the people who built a machine was a Frenchman, and it was like a giant ferris wheel, if that helps.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 11, 2007 #2
    Could you possibly be talking about mythbusters?

It sorta fits your description... kind of.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  4. Feb 11, 2007 #3
    It was mythbusters. I've already seen that mythbusters episode anyway, but it wasn't that. It had one engineer review all these people's "free energy ideas".

5. Feb 11, 2007 #4
    "A Machine To Die For" maybe?

-GeoMike-

6. Feb 11, 2007 #5
    It quite possibly could be that, I think it actually is.

Thanks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?