Does anyone know what this is?

• Thread starter chound
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the identification of organisms found in photographs taken through a digital camera attached to a microscope. The organisms appear to have flagella and may be protozoan or microscopic animals. However, proper staining and equipment are needed for accurate identification. The conversation ends with the organism being identified as Lepadella patella.
chound
Does anyone know what this is?
I took the photos using a digital camera through the eyepiece of microscope.
I collected the specimen from my fish tank :uhh:

Attachments

• DSCN7884.JPG
    DSCN7884.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 427
  • DSCN7875.JPG
    DSCN7875.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 379
  • DSCN7878.JPG
    DSCN7878.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 426
Biology news on Phys.org
These are likely to be protozoan or microscopic animals. In the first two picture, the organisms seems to have a flagella but it is hard to says without the proper stainning.

It is hard to do any identification without the proper information and equipment.

Apicomplexa plasmodium?

Or Paramecium in conjugation

Last edited:
Chound you got some nice pics, but yeah you need to stain these things you see under the microscope. Get more pics.

sssddd said:
Chound you got some nice pics, but yeah you need to stain these things you see under the microscope. Get more pics.
I did stain them using saffronin and methylene blue(That's all I've got). But still they are transparent. I am pretty sure they have flagella.

The second one looks like some kind of organism(has flagella) with spores inside it.

Better picture

I think this picture seems to give a better idea of the organism
Here is the things i could obsere:
1)2 flagella which join inside the body.
2)Almost oval body but the front is modified like the horns on the devil.
3)I think it has a nucleus near the left devil's horn

Attachments

• DSCN7901.JPG
    DSCN7901.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 376
ok ok sorry now I see the flagella. Could you tell me the magnification.

1. What is the purpose of "Does anyone know what this is?"

The phrase "Does anyone know what this is?" is often used to ask for identification or clarification on an object, concept, or situation that is unknown to the speaker. It is a way to seek information or knowledge from others who may have more expertise or experience in the subject.

2. How can I find out what something is?

You can find out what something is by doing research, consulting experts, or asking for help from others. You can also use tools such as search engines, online forums, or social media platforms to gather information and potentially identify the unknown object.

3. Is it important to know what something is?

Knowing what something is can be important for a variety of reasons. It can help you understand the function or purpose of the object, determine if it is safe or harmful, or provide context for a situation. It can also satisfy curiosity and expand your knowledge on different subjects.

4. How do I describe something if I don't know what it is?

If you are trying to describe something that you do not know the name or purpose of, you can use physical characteristics such as size, shape, color, and texture. You can also try to compare it to other known objects or use descriptive language to convey its appearance or features.

5. What should I do if no one knows what something is?

If no one knows what something is, you can continue to research or seek out other sources for information. You can also try to narrow down the possibilities by ruling out potential answers or reaching out to different experts or communities for assistance.