Does Anyone Soak their Feet? (Random

• Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of soaking feet and potential remedies for dry skin and athlete's foot. Suggestions include using a small amount of chlorine bleach in water, lanolin or mineral oil, and Epsom Salts. The importance of treating athlete's foot properly is also mentioned.
Saladsamurai
Does Anyone Soak their Feet? (Random:)

Just wondering what you use, if anything. I have really dry skin on my feet. It peels a lot near my toes and was thinking of soaking them in something but I don't know what.

Isn't there a salt of some sort? Anyone know of any miracle remedies for me?

Thanks!
Casey

Physics news on Phys.org

Maybe you have athelete's foot...? Try some over-the-counter lotions.

for athlete's foot, i like to use a small amount of chlorine bleach in water to soak.

for dry skin, lanolin hydrous (water lanolin emulsion) or la leuer oil (lanolin and mineral oil)

Don't play with athlete's foot, Casey. It can boomerang on you later.

My suggestion is to soak periodically in a strong, very warm solution of Epsom Salts, and dry thoroughly afterward. You can use a topical treatment like Tinactin, etc, but once fungal infections have settled in (especially under nails) you're never going to win - just fighting a war of attrition.

1. Why do people soak their feet?

People soak their feet for a variety of reasons, including relaxation, pain relief, and hygiene. Soaking can also soften calluses and help with dry or cracked skin.

2. How long should I soak my feet for?

The recommended time for soaking feet is 15-20 minutes. However, this may vary depending on the individual's needs and preferences.

3. What should I put in the foot soak?

The ingredients for a foot soak can vary, but some common options include Epsom salt, essential oils, vinegar, and baking soda. It is important to consult with a medical professional or follow a trusted recipe to ensure safe and effective ingredients.

4. Can soaking feet help with foot pain?

Yes, soaking feet can help with foot pain in some cases. The warm water and added ingredients can help relax muscles, reduce inflammation, and provide temporary relief. However, it is important to consult with a doctor for persistent or severe foot pain.

5. How often should I soak my feet?

The frequency of foot soaks can vary depending on individual needs. Some people may benefit from daily soaks, while others may only need them a few times a week. It is important to pay attention to your body and adjust the frequency as needed.