Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Does Anyone Write.

1. Apr 8, 2005 #1
    There idea's or theory's in a poetical or rap-like, verse?

Or just write poems in general

It's a good habit to get into, it's my way of venting.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 9, 2005 #2
    How is it possible hat you have zero posts?

No, I wish I could write at all. I do remember a song my calculus teacher taught my class about the quadric formula.

4. Apr 9, 2005 #3
    Posts in this forum don't count towards post count.

5. Apr 9, 2005 #4

Danger

Gold Member

I was going to respond last night. I spent about an hour trying to find a thread that I got involved in briefly when I first came aboard just over a month ago, but no luck. It was about this very subject, but I can't remember who started it, or the title, or even which forum it was in. (I think it was here, because it doesn't really seem suitable for GP, and they're the only places I've been.) I'll keep looking in my spare time and let you know if I find it. In the meantime, Waste of O2 is a musician. Maybe he writes too.
    Anyhow, I do write, but not that kind of stuff. I'm more of a solid prose kinda guy. :smile:

6. Apr 9, 2005 #5
    I am interested in writing rap lyrics for fun, but I have been to busy to even begin trying.

7. Apr 9, 2005 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nope, and if you start posting in rhymes or verse on those topics, I'm going to have to beat you with a wet noodle! :tongue: I don't mean if you write poetry and want to share it :smile:, but every once in a while we get someone who tries to post everything in verse in one of the science forums, and it's really annoying. :grumpy:

8. Apr 9, 2005 #7
    I write some poetry, some lyrics, but I haven't tried rap.

9. Apr 9, 2005 #8
    I write childrens short stories. The one I am writing now is called Luna Canine, lol, a dog that can jump to the moon. Of course she saves our planet by hooking her teeth into the rings of Saturn and kicking the death star out of harms way.

10. Apr 9, 2005 #9

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Dayle Record sometimes posts her views in verse.

11. Apr 9, 2005 #10
    What would make that annoying? Sounds like just a break from custom.

12. Apr 9, 2005 #11
    I would like to be a writer. Problem is I'm not very good at it.

13. Apr 9, 2005 #12
    I write when I find the time, which is not very often; however, when I write, I'm not that terrible.

I've always stuck to Fantasy writing about Elves and other magical creatures. I also write poetry occasionally. I'm thinking of moving into futuristic Fantasy, though.

14. Apr 10, 2005 #13
    I write whenever I have time to do it, which translates into not enough time at all. :cry:
    As for what I write there's an awful lot of things, some of which I've posted in my journal if anyone's intensely curious.

15. Apr 10, 2005 #14
    "You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say."
    -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

16. Apr 10, 2005 #15
    That makes sense in a strange way. I was kidding mostly, but there is always the fear that nobody will care to read what I have written. Or that their reaction would be extremely negative and not constructive. Or that I like to start sentences with contractions. You know, that sort of thing.

Huck

17. Apr 10, 2005 #16

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Limericks were in vogue here for a while, mainly during the Zoobyshoe era when the 'Ask A Stupid Quetion' thread was hot.

18. Apr 10, 2005 #17
    ... You give names to PF eras? Wow..

19. Apr 11, 2005 #18
    I also write plays. I am currently adapting for the stage a novel about a group of wounded men in the US Civil War.

20. Apr 11, 2005 #19
    I usually write a few poems when I get upset. It seems to be the best way I can accurately express what I am feeling at that particular time. It certainly is more descriptive than just saying "confused" (which I am more often than not). I already have one in my journal, but I plan on expanding that number in the future.

Though I find it slightly odd that I can't write poetry while rational.. doesn't come out right. I have to be in some sort of mood or thought pattern in the first place.

21. Apr 11, 2005 #20

Danger

Gold Member

Good on ya, mate. Plays are a bugger. I've done a few, and found that sticking to comedy is the only way that I can do a decent job. All of those restrictions! Facing the audience to speak or react, limited props and effects, no subtle movements that could be missed, no skipping locations... I'll stick to prose and screenplays, thank you, or even better... thread posts! :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?