Is a 5.5-6 year graduation time for a physics major unusual?

• Thread starter Benzoate
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the length of time it takes to graduate with a physics degree, the courses taken, and employment during college. The speakers agree that it is important to maintain a high GPA and not accumulate too much debt. They also mention that it is more important to focus on learning rather than graduating quickly. One speaker shares that they graduated with an engineering degree in 4.5 years, while another took 5.5 years to graduate with a physics degree after switching majors.
Benzoate
a physics major graduates between 5.5 and 6 years?

Physics news on Phys.org
How many years as Physics major-field? What courses taken were not typical for Physics major? Employed part of full time while a student? A light year or two with some social life? Six years is not so bad.

Not at all, from what I've experienced.

Good. I'm right on track for it taking me 6 years to complete my physics BS. lol.

As long as you keep up a high GPA and don't have a lot of debt, I don't see why its a big deal.

I graduated engineering in 4.5. You're there to learn, its not who can get out the fastest. College is go your own pace in that regard.

It took me 5.5 years to graduate with a physics degree. But I took the major-related courses in my last 2 years (switched majors in my 2nd and 3rd years)

1. Does it really look odd if I mix patterns in my outfit?

It depends on the patterns and how well they complement each other. Some patterns can clash and create an odd look, while others can create a unique and stylish outfit. It's important to experiment and find a balance that works for you.

2. Does it really look odd if I wear socks with sandals?

This is a matter of personal preference and style. Some people may find it odd, while others may see it as a fashion statement. It's important to wear what makes you feel confident and comfortable.

3. Does it really look odd if I have mismatched furniture in my living room?

Again, this depends on personal taste and style. Some may see it as eclectic and trendy, while others may find it chaotic. It's important to create a cohesive look by incorporating similar colors or styles.

4. Does it really look odd if I use different fonts in my presentation?

Using different fonts can add visual interest to your presentation, but it's important to use them strategically and not go overboard. Stick to 2-3 fonts that complement each other and are easy to read.

5. Does it really look odd if I have plants in my bedroom?

Having plants in your bedroom can actually have many benefits, such as improving air quality and promoting relaxation. As long as you have enough natural light and properly care for your plants, it won't look odd at all.