Does my spooky experience mean anything?

In summary, a person is seeking an explanation for the strange phenomenon of finding sewing needles on their bedroom floor despite not having any sewing supplies or reason for them to be there. Some suggest paranormal activity or the influence of a serial killer, while others recommend setting up hidden cameras to investigate. There is also a discussion about the possibility of this being a psychics forum and the role of cats in this situation.
Clare Sabin
Does my spooky experience mean anything?

I keep finding sewing needles on my bedroom floor. Does this mean anything or have a parnormal meaning?
I cleaned my room 2 days ago from top to bottom and since i have found 4 needles lying on the laminate flooring. I have found them all at different times but within inches of each other. No-one in my household sews and i don't have a sewing kit in my room or would have any reason whatsoever to have any needles in there.

Can anyone help explain why i keep finding them or suggest a useful website to look on? I have searched the internet but had no luck.

Physics news on Phys.org

No, there's nothing paranormal going on.

Just curious, are you confusing this forum with a psychics forum?

I like to sew while I watch you sleep. Sorry! I'll make sure to clean up better after myself

I think you should call a ghost hunter ASAP. There is definitive proof that ghosts exist and I believe that your case warrants more investigation. Plus, when all those ghost hunters get together it looks like they have the BEST time EVER!

Playing in the dark with fleshlights -- snap -- and stuff... just like summer camp!

http://www.alexross.com/cj024a.jpg

You Witch Hazel? She always left bobby pins behind her.

It's got to be a poltergeist, because no one EVER drops an entire pack of sewing needles, and when they do, you always pick them right up coz you can see them so easily and if they don't pick them up right away, they can't possible lay there for a long time even years hiding in the seams of the laminate flooring to be dislodged by a footfall, so got to be a poltergeist.

Set up hidden cameras to cover your bedroom floor and document anything that goes on. If you can produce proof that your bedroom is spontaneously generating sewing needles, you'd be a millionaire.

Terryat said:
Are you sure ? (who will pay ?)

Think like a marketer! These aren't normal, everyday needles. If people buy crystals to keep their chakras shiny, just think what they'd pay for a magic needle!

General Sax are you sure those devices are what ghost hunters play with in the dark?

No, we played with them at my childhood summer camp. I don't know what the ghost hunters play with. Probably tarot cards or something.

Clare, it sounds like someone has been needling you. just remember that it's all in fun.

General Sax, that sounds more like band camp.

Terryat said:
Are you sure ? (who will pay ?)

James Randi

Maybe it's a good idea to wonder why that price has not been claimed yet, while you read a bit more about him.

Clare Sabin said:
I keep finding sewing needles on my bedroom floor. Does this mean anything or have a parnormal meaning?
I cleaned my room 2 days ago from top to bottom and since i have found 4 needles lying on the laminate flooring. I have found them all at different times but within inches of each other. No-one in my household sews and i don't have a sewing kit in my room or would have any reason whatsoever to have any needles in there.

Can anyone help explain why i keep finding them or suggest a useful website to look on? I have searched the internet but had no luck.

Don't be panicked by those posts who tell you that you are under a paranormal attack from beings living in upper east side of Hell.

You are stalked by "The Tailor", a serial killer who has yet to be apprehended.

Clare, do you have a cat?

Andre said:
James Randi

Maybe it's a good idea to wonder why that price has not been claimed yet, while you read a bit more about him.

That's exactly who I had in mind. Thanks, Andre.

Clare Sabin said:

Yes, definitely some paranormal activity going on.

One needle on the floor means that the death of a close family member is nigh.

Two needles on the floor means that YOU are about to die.

Three needles on the floor means that a legion of demons is about to posses your soul.

Four needles on the floor means that you might get a stuffy nose sometime in the future.

You're lucky...

I don't have a cat, but why do u ask?
Thanks 4 your advice guys (or sacasm whichever the case may be!) I haven't found any more needles since the wkend so it's unexplainable. I will be keeping my eyes peeled though & my mind open.

I haven't found any more needles since the wkend so it's unexplainable

Whereas if you had found more needles it would be explainable?

Clare Sabin said:

I wasn't being facetious. Cats are notorious for doing weird things when you aren't paying attention. Lucy, for instance, is particularly fond of pens. If I leave one where she can find it, it disappears and turns up under a rug somewhere. She also once pulled a $20 bill out of my pants pocket (which was carefully heaped on the bathroom floor). That left me half-*** stranded in a town 50 km away with no money the next day. A week or two later, I found the bill hidden under a slipper behind the bathroom door.
If you don't have a cat, however, the point is irrelevant.

I sure would like to know how many people actually do think this is a psychics forum, as opposed to a physics forum. I have seen at least two threads before this one. It also makes me wonder if there are some psychic forums out there with strange threads like "Electron in constant magnetic field - classical vs quantum" or maybe "Acceleration Potential and momentum of photon". And if so, I wonder what the answers were...

Last edited:

IMP said:
I sure would like to know how many people actually do think this is a psychics forum, as opposed to a physics forum. I have seen at least two threads before this one. It also makes me wonder if there are some psychic forums out there with strange threads like "Electron in constant magnetic field - classical vs quantum" or maybe "Acceleration Potential and momentum of photon". And if so, I wonder what the answers were...
:rofl: <snork>

IMP said:

Let's check
http://www.psychic-forum.com/forum/index.php?showforum=178

(Evo, does this violate guidelines?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Chi Meson said:
Let's check

Are you suggesting we launch an invasion? What is this, 4chan?

(I'm for it, btw)

Chi Meson said:
Let's check

Nice...

"It seems like I can have mental connection to people at the other side of the planet"
"She is her own Imaginary Friend"
"precognition or alternate dimension?"
"What did your Divine Being look like?"
"Can Dead People Move Things?"

These are for real, from Chi's link :eek:!

Clare Sabin said:
Thanks 4 your advice guys (or sacasm whichever the case may be!) I haven't found any more needles since the wkend so it's unexplainable. I will be keeping my eyes peeled though & my mind open.

Please don't take our kidding personally. But in your OP, you described an admittedly odd situation, and then asked:

Does this mean anything or have a parnormal meaning?

Most of us on this site are either scientists, or people who think like scientists. When a science-minded person is confronted with an unusual occurrence, we tend not to conclude the cause is paranormal.

You should definitely wear shoes until you figure out what's causing needles to accumulate on your floor!

Last edited:

Chi Meson said:
Let's check

Buwahaha.

That is unreal.

Clare Sabin said:

OK, that's kind of creepy. Saturday night, while on my way to the parking lot after a day at the Ex, I stopped to ponder a couple of sewing needles I found lying on the sidewalk.

You don't happen to live at Queen's Quay in Toronto do you?

DaveC426913 said:
OK, that's kind of creepy. Saturday night, while on my way to the parking lot after a day at the Ex, I stopped to ponder a couple of sewing needles I found lying on the sidewalk.

You don't happen to live at Queen's Quay in Toronto do you?

Dee! Dee! Dee! Dee! Dee! Dee!

Doooooooooooooo...

What does it mean when I keep finding headless snakes in my office?

IMP said:
It also makes me wonder if there are some psychic forums out there with strange threads like "Electron in constant magnetic field - classical vs quantum" or maybe "Acceleration Potential and momentum of photon". And if so, I wonder what the answers were...

Maybe we should post some physics questions there and see what happens. :devil:

(It wouldn't be the first time PFers invaded another forum.)

Ivan Seeking said:
What does it mean when I keep finding headless snakes in my office?

I think that means you have cats.

Math Is Hard said:
I think that means you have cats.

Oh yeah. But I still think its some sort of secret, kitty voodoo thing.

Ivan Seeking said:
Oh yeah. But I still think its some sort of secret, kitty voodoo thing.
Anything headless is the result of the kitty voodoo cult. I often found many headless offerings at the foot of my stairs or on my front doorstep. What was really disturbing was that there was never any blood left.

Evo said:
Anything headless is the result of the kitty voodoo cult. I often found many headless offerings at the foot of my stairs or on my front doorstep. What was really disturbing was that there was never any blood left.

See, I've heard about catnip voodoo, but I never knew if it was real.

Now I'm scared.

I'm going to call Linda Moulten Howe and ask her to look into this.