Does Religon Show Weakness in Society

• Thread starter Tom McCurdy
  • Start date
In summary, this poll is mainly for athiests, although I am sure I will get a bunch of theist responses. This is another way of asking do you believe humans will evolve beyond religon. I voted yes. And yes, already today, a lot of civilized individuals have no need for the mental crutch of religion in their lives. Love&peace, olde drunk.

Does Religon Show Weakness in Society

• Yes

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • No (atheist)

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • No (theist)

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters
no, it provides comfort, although it is misunderstood

Physics news on Phys.org
Tom, I tend to disagree with you on relgion in terms of the religion defining what they do not understand in terms of relgious experience or actual reality. The symbolism many times is created because it defines a deeper understanding than hard cold discrete facts. For example if I were blind how would you describe the word blue to me. What it means. Maybe I would place a piece of ice in your hands. That is how relgion is. It attempts to show what is out of the experience of another something which approximates something simliar. To pave a way for that thought to flow. I tell you these things are real for I have experienced them and have no doubt yet to hear my words is just belief one way or another unless one experiences them for one self. This is what makes the real part of religion, much like the real part of science. There are those of religion who do not understand like there are those of science. They are one and the same. The experience of truth in science is like a relgious experience. When I discovered what gravity and matter were on that fateful day I discovered not only the greatest facet of science, but I lived through what some would define as a reglious experience for two days. I will give you a hint, it was what relgion describes as the living water. This is a physical experience in a very subtle form and is part of the complete reality all of humanity will one day understand.

Impossible? said:
no, it provides comfort, although it is misunderstood

in what way do you feel its misunderstood?

Tom McCurdy said:
proving religon indeed is possible...

if all of a sudden all the christians disappear... **** I guess I was wrong.
more to come... out of time

Sorry Tom McCurdy, i did not get your point completely,

Still, as a comment which it may not be in its place, when we talk abuot religion, i guess it is not wise to limit our discussion to Christianity, never means if the "technological most advanced" countries has Christianty as the most spread religion there that christianty IS the religion, simply NO..

Personally, I believe that Jesus was from God, and he is not God, and he brought a strenght to the society, but when the Roman Empire change Christianity to become waht the Emperor want [e.g Jesus is God, Trinity, mixing with some pagans issues...etc] its becomes not the religion of Jesus anymore even the basic origin of Christianty before that change was from there [I know, we are not discuessing Christianity here..but i am just giving an example] and this change which made Christianty weaker, and thus make it weakining the society [a good example is the Church dictatorship in the Mideaval ages] even the original part which remained among the changes ones were actually making a strong point in society [i.e love your neighbour, love you God, do not kill...etc]

Tom McCurdy said:
How is belief in the truth weakness. If you have no belief that would in some cases show more weakness than a false belief.

No belief means I do not know and I will attempt to understand what is but will not settle for belief. It means I will strive to understand until I do understand the truth and nothing less than the truth. Truth is an experience. The greatest human achievements seen and unseen are born from this state. Belief in truth will not change humanity or save our planet or our future. Humanity can only be saved by it's understanding/experience of the truth.

The weakness of belief in the truth means I follow because I do not experience. If I experience what is to follow? I blaze my own path before the truth that is. I find it in every step of my existence. Science/Religion one in the same. How many in science if not at a minimum the greater majority do not understand the very foundation of physics itself. Matter/Gravity. How can humans live their lives and not know what they are, what they are made of, where they came from and where they are going? How can one not need to know this? Live your whole life and not know? No not me. I do not condemn anyone for not knowing for at one time in our existence we were all there and yet I only look to that which I am attached. That is this planet the people that surround me and our paths into the future. When I think of that it motivates me to speak these words.

"He that find the spirt within him go no more out." Humanity should think over these words for they speak of it's destiny.

what is your truth tenyears... and how will understanding it save our planet or future. Belief in truth is still belief no matter how defineed.

Also on Matter/Gravity... you claim that understanding it has changed you, how can you understand something that no one truly understands...

Do you know the existence of the graviton... is matter really made up of strings viberating in 11 different dimensions. Your truth is what I consider belief... for you have no way of knowing its truth. Beliving in truth is still believing.

by the way do you use a language translator when posting?

Religion is a way of explaining things, a way of ordering the world as it seems best. That step impetus is progress from unknown/chaos to understanding. True, it is not complete truth, but it is the sign of intelligence and logic. I would say, that in the realm of abstracts, religion offers a very helpful and clear way of reasoning.

For example: Concerning right behavior, Christianity offers the belief that the incorrect or negative action is to sin (in Greek) is simply missing the mark. Now, that would be an acceptable place to start. If we postulate that all humans want and intend to make progress (vague and varied as we may understand it as individuals), then what I said about sin would be a corollary of sorts. Next, Christianity offers tangible imagery as representations for certain states of being. If you sin, you are missing the mark and somehow ignorant of what you must do to achieve your goal, and thus are in the dark/in hell and lost. Now, really if you are sinning and are not aware of it and think you are doing fine, then how will you know what the right action is? Just as in Socrate's Cave Metaphor, the people were unaware that they were seeing shadows in place of truth.

Where religion tries to make tangible these abstracts, we run into problems. But as far as creating a structure for progress, religion has the right idea. I think that in itself shows strength.

0TheSwerve0 said:
Religion is a way of explaining things, a way of ordering the world as it seems best. That step impetus is progress from unknown/chaos to understanding. True, it is not complete truth, but it is the sign of intelligence and logic. I would say, that in the realm of abstracts, religion offers a very helpful and clear way of reasoning.

Where religion tries to make tangible these abstracts, we run into problems. But as far as creating a structure for progress, religion has the right idea. I think that in itself shows strength.

It is the way that religon explains things that shows weakness. True religon does try to explain things, and in effect this means that people have actually gone through the thought process to ponder about their world and universe which does show intelligence, but the answer they come up with shows the weakness. Religon could be viewed as a step from moving away from a world of unknown and chaos, but it is a step in the wrong direction. Religon attempts to come up with ways to get around the problems of our world. How did the universe start? Many religons offer answers to this question. However the weakness is in the answer. They completely avoid answering the question by comming up with stories. Religon is a step from science which is a step from truth. Many religons describe people being created from clay or straw, how does that compare to our understanding of the human body today? What religon predicted atoms? In truth most religons prevent the growth of human knowledge. In providing answers to questions, the make it seem that the answer has already been found, however in many cases this is not true. Remeber what happened to those who first postulated that the Earth was not the center of the universe?

Religon prevents any stucture from happening that could help the growth of human intelligence. In reality religon really is a weakness, a sign that us as humans are still in a relitivly primitive state of being. Eventually we willl know ennough about our universe to no longer need religon, when we reach this point religion will no longer be needed to be a crutch for people to fall back on. If people can accept the universe, they can be content, and in being content they will find happyness.

Tom McCurdy said:
what is your truth tenyears... and how will understanding it save our planet or future. Belief in truth is still belief no matter how defineed.

Also on Matter/Gravity... you claim that understanding it has changed you, how can you understand something that no one truly understands...

Do you know the existence of the graviton... is matter really made up of strings viberating in 11 different dimensions. Your truth is what I consider belief... for you have no way of knowing its truth. Beliving in truth is still believing.

by the way do you use a language translator when posting?

lol, like I said I do not believe I have been a witness to truth. There is no belief.

I will never say that I understand something that no one truly understands for there have been those in the past, those of the present and those who will be who all understand what I understand. It is part of being human to be able to answer this, to see this. Science is a burocracy of those who want to make names for themselves and to make their mark on the world. It is what holds us back from acknowlging the truth as a fact(still an object to existence to most). I do understand that which the world is made. There is no doubt because it is experience itself. I was a witness to that which science can only assume.

The embarassing thing is those in science who speak of things do not comprehend the implications of what they present. This is not to their inability but to their disinterest in the very thing which they do. They are afraid to look out into the unknown for what they might find. Hide little rabbits. I am not being mean, it is only what is. Not wrong not right only cause and effect. The effect, the effect I will not look anymore.

Feeble minds

Religion is indeed a sign of a feeble mind. To understand what this means and to predict what it means just remember Easter Island.
They built huge statues to their gods to bribe them into producing a good harvest. As the resources were depleted by overpopulation they built more and more larger statues. Finally when the food crisis reached the starvation point they realized that the statues were to the wrong god and tore them all down. Unfortunately this also failed but by then most of them had died.
I expect the same will be true as the USA becomes more religious and fundamentalist. Mandatory prayer in all schools, loyalty oaths and killing of all gays and atheists will have to occur to appease jesus as the oil runs out. Then when that doesn't work, jews, buddists and all minorities will have to go. Finally that will fail too but by then there will be few Americans left.

There has never been such thing as a feeble mind in the history of all time. In order to know this you would have to understand what intelligence is. The question is did they really starve at easter island? Was it not on the ocean? Are there not fish? I am not satisfied with an scientists review of what happened, but I would be interested in the facts.

People who are hungry for power distort the symbolism of truth for their own gain. Hilter was one. You are correct of what will happen to some degree the question is will it be out of truth or human nature. I think human nature. If religion was not here they would use something else. So is it religon that causes these affects or is it the unconcous existence of humanity as a whole? It is not that man cannot understand, it is that what? Tell me the what and walk free. Who can tell me the what? Why do humans not understand the truth. There is only one thing and one thing alone. The answer is so amazing and so simple your mind will shatter when it hits you. Where will you be when it does?

TENYEARS said:
There has never been such thing as a feeble mind in the history of all time.
You need to go see the folks in a nursing home. Then go visit all the churches.

TENYEARS said:
In order to know this you would have to understand what intelligence is. The question is did they really starve at easter island? Was it not on the ocean? Are there not fish? I am not satisfied with an scientists review of what happened, but I would be interested in the facts.
They depleted the fish, like everything else. The population shrank from 10,000 to 300.

TEn years you mentioned if religon was not there they would use something else [people] what is it that they would use. Do you feel that people will ever be able to evolve beyond this need to have religon or ... whatever you want to call it.

CharlesP said:
You need to go see the folks in a nursing home. Then go visit all the churches.

They depleted the fish, like everything else. The population shrank from 10,000 to 300.

The oceans were rich and abundant at that time. Hell the oceans were fairly rich and abundant 100 years ago anything beyond that they were thriving. Fish travel in schools any many of the large fish could feed a few familys for a month. There were also other things to eat. Did you ever think it was potentially a disease or a type of diffiency causes by natural causes or a large hurricane or tropical storm which desimated the Island. There are so many potential possibilities. The facts create are pieces of a puzzle of which humans like to fill in the missing spots. This creates a possibility but not an actuality. They take the probability and make it a bandwagon and everyone jumps on. This to me is no different than the analysis of religion.

The poeple of nursing homes are not of feabile mind. The question is where are their minds.

People can be feeble minded, intelligence is something impossible to generalize. There are girls in my school who don't know the sun is a star rather than a planet, their minds are not able to learn at rates of others. When you compare this intellect with say Einstein, then indeed their mind is feeble as is their intelligence.

Tom McCurdy said:
TEn years you mentioned if religon was not there they would use something else [people] what is it that they would use. Do you feel that people will ever be able to evolve beyond this need to have religon or ... whatever you want to call it.

Yes they will. Humanity will reach a state which science and facets of relgion will blend into one. For science will prove the existence of not only precogniction but god. Lol The scientists will fall back on their heals and the relgious will be angry for what science will attempt to take over. There will be great turmoil for those who will deny on both sides. There will also be those in the middle are from both sides they will be in utter amazement of the whole thing.

Religion is also this: A social exchange in a community. When gathered together in a place to be quite together or to listen to the silence or a good sermon of our human nature and to think in a time when some are so busy with there lives to do so. In one church it was to listen to the voice what had to be angel for her voice was that way. Maybe there is hope that the people can sing in a single voice for humanity itself. Who knows. Don't look at the relgion, look at the truth that exists within it. Discard the rest. Are you one of those who says an album is awsome when it absolutely sucks becasuse there is only one or two good songs on it. Look at it for what it is and take what is good and leave what is not true. If truth is your interest, then follow your instincts and you will be brought before truth.

Not to end on a negative note but Hitler used Nieche. He took his words out of context and exploited them. He placed all of Germany as the genetically choosen race. Not.. lol All races have facets of genetic make up which make them compatible with their environment. The mountain people of the Andes, the Eskimos, etc.. All have traits to make them compatible. Was this not science, a warped Darwinism which almost took over the world?

Tom McCurdy said:
People can be feeble minded, intelligence is something impossible to generalize. There are girls in my school who don't know the sun is a star rather than a planet, their minds are not able to learn at rates of others. When you compare this intellect with say Einstein, then indeed their mind is feeble as is their intelligence.

Don't be so judgemental. Watch the original planet of the apes movie sometimes. There is a scene where Charlton Heston is being questioned of Ape Law to prove his intelliegence and then tell me what you think. Do you think that it is not that their minds are capable or is it that their interests lie elsewhere? If you place others below you there must also be those above. Place no one above or below for that is the nature of truth. Do you know where real true compassion comes from? It is not relgion, it is absolute truth and understanding. In this state you see not only what is but the pain of others. Judge not but see and look deeply and you will also know them. In knowing them you will like them and understand how it came to be. In that understanding will you judge? We judge when we do not understand or else what is to judge?

Amen and will you please marry me :!)

TENYEARS, you used lots of big words and also sentences that do not have any link between each of them in their content. In other words, your paragraphs do not make any sense. One should never confuse his opponents just to let yourself to have the last say. Your aguments are also, no offense, mostly based on false statements.

The natives of Easter Isalnds indeed underwent mass starvation. Click here:

http://www.netaxs.com/~trance/rapanui.html

Easter Island's Homepage writes: said:
The population of Easter Island reached its peak at perhaps more than 10,000, far exceeding the capabilities of the small island's ecosystem. Resources became scarce, and the once lush palm forests were destroyed - cleared for agriculture and moving the massive stone Moai. In this regard, Easter Island has become, for many, a metaphor for ecological disaster.

And would their supposed Gods allow something like this to happen to their worshippers?

Easter Island Homepage said:
Thereafter, a thriving and advanced social order began to decline into bloody civil war and, evidently, cannibalism.

Easter Isalnd Homepage said:
Contacts with western "civilization" proved even more disastrous for the island population which, through slavery and disease, had decreased to approximately 111 by the turn of the century.

Last edited by a moderator:
One must be aware of the definition of the word religion to make this dicussion (not argument) cruising on the right track.

Defintion of 'religion' by The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition: "Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe."

0TheSwerve0 said:
For example: Concerning right behavior, Christianity offers the belief that the incorrect or negative action is to sin (in Greek) is simply missing the mark. Now, that would be an acceptable place to start. If we postulate that all humans want and intend to make progress (vague and varied as we may understand it as individuals), then what I said about sin would be a corollary of sorts. Next, Christianity offers tangible imagery as representations for certain states of being. If you sin, you are missing the mark and somehow ignorant of what you must do to achieve your goal, and thus are in the dark/in hell and lost. Now, really if you are sinning and are not aware of it and think you are doing fine, then how will you know what the right action is? Just as in Socrate's Cave Metaphor, the people were unaware that they were seeing shadows in place of truth.

We don't have to force ourselves to believe in religion just to avoid sinning. (I've also met plenty of Christians who sin without guilt) Besides, there is a disproportionately smaller percentage of atheists in jail than the percentage of atheists in that particular country. Poets can also offer more romantic and expressive representations of certain states of being too. Besides, our mum, dad, teachers, as well as experience with human relationships teaches us what that is right and wrong too.

Furthermore, be aware of what religions are - the worship of a higher being or higher beings. That's the core principle, the rest are secondary.

Akihiro, you are young and have much to learn. Decisions are what we have when we do not understand. Do not decide on truth for truth needs no decsion. You have much much to learn and those lessons will not be found in books.

Note: Because something is written does not mean it is true. The definition of religon in the dictionary is incorrect. The person who wrote it did not understand.

TENYEARS...
you assume a lot of things about people, also I can not accept an argument about how some minds are not feeble based on the planet of the apes movie, apps minds are not as capable as our owns, they are not distracted, they just aren't as cabable. It is true that no one uses their full potential of their mind, and yet it is also true that some people are infact smarter than others. My sister has down syndrome, and I love her, but I know that she is not going to grow up as smart as she would if she did not have it.

TENYEARS said:
1. For science will prove the existence of not only precogniction but god.

2. The scientists will fall back on their heals and the relgious will be angry for what science will attempt to take over.

3. There will be great turmoil for those who will deny on both sides. There will also be those in the middle are from both sides they will be in utter amazement of the whole thing.

4. In one church it was to listen to the voice what had to be angel for her voice was that way.

5. Maybe there is hope that the people can sing in a single voice for humanity itself.

6. Don't look at the relgion, look at the truth that exists within it.

7. Are you one of those who says an album is awsome when it absolutely sucks becasuse there is only one or two good songs on it.

8. If truth is your interest, then follow your instincts and you will be brought before truth.

TENYEARS RESPONSE an anaylsis

i broke down your repsone and am going to respond to specific sentences, again I will ask if you are using a language translator such as altavista babelfish for your responses...

1. For one thing, I dought that it would ever be science that proves the existence of God, for one thing I dought anyone ever will be cause I don't believe God exists. However getting around my own personal beliefs why and how would science prove the existence of God, that is something science can't do. Proving the existence of God would most likely happen from God revealing himself in some extradornay act. The role of science would be to prove that the events were indeed extraordinary and that what happen could not happen with our laws of physics. Also what happens if science proves that there is no need for God. Assuming we get to the point where we can explain everything about science. How we were created and why we are here.

2. what? Hypothetically speaking let's say you are correct in your presumption that one day God will be proven to exist and it was done with the aid of science. Why would science fall back on its heals, it just have aided in the bigest discovery ever. It would be a joyous day for science and religon both. IT would also provide answers for questions in science. I would project that both the religous and scientists which would then become one group as scientists would be religous would get allong great.

3. WHAT? Where is the turmoil is science is used to prove relgion. If it is proved then it is proved. PROVED implies that it can't be wrong, and if this is true than there will be no turmoil, just a lot of shock. There will be no denying sides because in proving God with science they would JOIN SIDES in essence there would be no sides.

4. WHAT... it does not add anything to the response

5. I can see the part about singing in a single voice, but why for humanity itself.

6. I am going to assume you are talking about organized religon and looking pass to the meaning of religon and yet you discussed the benefits of organized religon with the sermon and angel response.

7. THis was the most ackward placement for this sentence ever. It really has nothing to do with anything at all. On a positive note it gave me a good laugh.

8. You present a second option, look to my insticts for truth, but I am also supose to look beyond religon for truth... I hate to tell you but these would produce two separate truths... my insticts tell me that there is no God, and peoples belief in religon is a result of cult like brainwashing that all people are subjected to constantly by the society we live in.

TENYEARS said:
Akihiro, you are young and have much to learn. Decisions are what we have when we do not understand. Do not decide on truth for truth needs no decsion. You have much much to learn and those lessons will not be found in books.

Note: Because something is written does not mean it is true. The definition of religon in the dictionary is incorrect. The person who wrote it did not understand.

7 entries found for religion.
re·li·gion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-ljn)
n.

Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion

So what is the definition of religon, and how is it that you know it

I know it because I experienced what it's founders did. To be or not to be and that really is the question.

An important I want to add

Wow! I did not come here since two days and i thought the thread was over,
Thanks God is it alive!

In short, I have a different definiton for religion, remeber the "Dictionary" definition you use is for English Language, which its origin form European societites [UK] with all the aspects of society and culture to be taken into consideration.

The definition i use is : Religion is [the ture religon] The sum of the Faith in God and the system "rules" the He puts for Humans to follow.

By that definiton, "True Religion" is not a weakness. Since its source is Perfect. The weaknesses that may occur is becuase of curroption by the society organizers from people, or if that religion is not from God, or have been changed by people. In the last cases i mentioned. Religion here is subjective to have good and bad staff, AS ANY HUMAN SYSTEM.

Since Religion have a great influence, the errors there if it happened will be severe. And the human history shows that.

Does this make sense or not? I hope so :smile:

0TheSwerve0 said:
Amen and will you please marry me :!)

Lol, my wife would not be too pleased if I took a second wife. There is someone who is waiting for you though. You don't even need to look. Just do what you do, forget the search and the rest will fall into place.

Moses said:
Wow! I did not come here since two days and i thought the thread was over,
Thanks God is it alive!

In short, I have a different definiton for religion, remeber the "Dictionary" definition you use is for English Language, which its origin form European societites [UK] with all the aspects of society and culture to be taken into consideration.

The definition i use is : Religion is [the ture religon] The sum of the Faith in God and the system "rules" the He puts for Humans to follow.

By that definiton, "True Religion" is not a weakness. Since its source is Perfect. The weaknesses that may occur is becuase of curroption by the society organizers from people, or if that religion is not from God, or have been changed by people. In the last cases i mentioned. Religion here is subjective to have good and bad staff, AS ANY HUMAN SYSTEM.

Since Religion have a great influence, the errors there if it happened will be severe. And the human history shows that.

Does this make sense or not? I hope so :smile:

I would argue that your defintion would make religon in its pure form helpful, but that is different from the question of it being a weakness of society. I believe that religon can be a great thing... it can be something for people who have nothing else. It has done great work with charities, and it is able to control population into acting in specific ways... like you said it is a human system. However this does not mean that it is not a weakness in society. To me the fact that people are able to be manipulated so easily by religon, and brought up with religon, shows the weakness in religon. Religon is often merely a tool used by people to gain something for themselves.

TENYEARS said:
I know it because I experienced what it's founders did. To be or not to be and that really is the question.

What do you mean you expereinced what it's founders did... you seem to be referring to some deep religous realization or revelation that happened to you, would you mind sharing your experience that brought you so close with religon? Also what do you mean by the shakespere.--To believe or not to believe?

Tom McCurdy, I do agree in all what you said, I do completely believe that "Human is weak" and thus we strengthen our selves by "tools" like science which gives us some sort of power. Religoin as well is the same issue since we "need" as a person or as a society and thus we are "weak".

However, an important thing i should mention is: A society without a religion is really weak, i mean wekaer than a society which has "true religion". Since the "nice push" the religion give to people that society will lack, add to that the mechanism of that "system". Still that society may be better than another society who suffers severly from curroption in applying the "true religion" or applying a changed version of that religion, or a human mae one.

Our societies, we humans, will be weak always, true religion make it stronger, if not, it depends onb the whole picture to judge if without religion is better or with some corrution and misusing of religion.

I will listen to the Universe master is he really send a message to me :smile:

i think that religon adds to the culture of socity. it does not weaken it, but sometimes people account it for unexplainable events. today's science is not correct, just more correct than it was and it will continue to evolve in a way which religon is not a simple way to explain phanomina. but religon will always be there. it is not the kind of thing that will ever be concreatly proved to be correct. that is the point of reglion. it is faith and i don't think that will ever be left or ment to be left undoubed.

Rasine said:
i think that religon adds to the culture of socity. it does not weaken it, but sometimes people account it for unexplainable events. today's science is not correct, just more correct than it was and it will continue to evolve in a way which religon is not a simple way to explain phanomina. but religon will always be there. it is not the kind of thing that will ever be concreatly proved to be correct. that is the point of reglion. it is faith and i don't think that will ever be left or ment to be left undoubed.

Religon may add to the culture of socitey, and yet it could still show weakness. It is the fact that it is used as oposed to science to explain unexplainable events that it is weak. How did we get here? Well in the beginning God took some clay and put us in a oven on 350... cooked for 20 minutes and bing... we got here. Its the fact that we use it for this that it shows our weakness. I agree with you that science is not pefect, but science bluntly states that it isn't perfect and the important thing is that science does not try to cover up for what it doesn't know. Instead people try to solve the particular problem.

Moses said:
Tom McCurdy, I do agree in all what you said, I do completely believe that "Human is weak" and thus we strengthen our selves by "tools" like science which gives us some sort of power. Religoin as well is the same issue since we "need" as a person or as a society and thus we are "weak".

However, an important thing i should mention is: A society without a religion is really weak, i mean wekaer than a society which has "true religion". Since the "nice push" the religion give to people that society will lack, add to that the mechanism of that "system". Still that society may be better than another society who suffers severly from curroption in applying the "true religion" or applying a changed version of that religion, or a human mae one.

Our societies, we humans, will be weak always, true religion make it stronger, if not, it depends onb the whole picture to judge if without religion is better or with some corrution and misusing of religion.

I will listen to the Universe master is he really send a message to me :smile:

What do you mean by true religon... Religon no matter which one can't be completely true, every religon has been screwed with ennough for that. True Religon is at best a Utopian ideal, in which case if there was a god then having the correct faith would be helpful, but any deviation from that would show weakness. However in the event, which i believe that no religion is correct because there is no God then any religon of any sort shows weakness. It shows how primitive our minds are as humans, that we could be fooled into something that completely contridicts experimental observation.

Well, What i meant is simply IF there is a true religion then...[as what i showed in the post]

Saying a small thingy about what you wrote: Well, I DO believe in God, and i hate the fanatic way of believe or the blind faith. And now i am following a religion which i a, certain by using my mind and mere logic that it is from God. I could be wrong even i believe that i am correct in this matter. Still i am opening my mind, not lack of faith, but for the logical process to be fullfilled in finding the truth.

Build on that : Yes! From my frame of refernce, i think that the Ture Religion that i am following is a strong factor in the society of humans, the weak creatures who need their God and a religion from him. Still , I am really angry why some people even misusing the true religion from God for their benefits. And i found it natural that there is no "perfectness" in performing the "theory" or religion [Faith , and laws]. Do we perfectly use our scientific theory for the gaols we want [regardless if it is bad or goo] the answer is: human is not perfect, thus the performing is not perfect, still some perforamnce is good, other good with bad "different ratios", and a third which it is bad...etc

P.S: Please don't hesitate in asking me to divide my point or make them more clearer, I know i am having problem in communicating for some personal reasons. If i am saying too many things and making the "spagetti" please tell me to organize them :smile:

orgaize them :) actually I am curious to ask you if you believe that you are following a relgion that is 100% true, that infact everything in you faith is correct and how sure you are about it. I also am interested in what you did to question you faith when you did.

Also it seems that you would agree in saying that religon does show weakness in society if it is not true. The problem presented is how do you justify that your religon is correct and others faith is incorrect when you have nothing but your own instict to base it on. A major problem I have with religon is that it is based on things besides pure faith. Religon is orgainzsed now and I believe all forms of organized religon are tainted to a degree.