Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Does sex change your personality?

1. Jan 31, 2010 #1
    I was just wondering about this. Does your personality change when you have sex?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 31, 2010 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Mine didn't. I guess it depends on the situation, age, and maturity of the individual.

4. Feb 1, 2010 #3

Pythagorean

Gold Member

That would be hard to quantify given how many people start having sex when they're already changing.

5. Feb 1, 2010 #4
    yes... I turn into a love-machine.

6. Feb 1, 2010 #5

fluidistic

Gold Member

In addition to Pythagorean's post, sometime you change and you don't realize it, making the question even harder to answer correctly.

7. Feb 2, 2010 #6
    I know I am grumpy when I DON'T have sex - which means I spend a lot of time crumpy ... :mad:

In another view about sex - I have know two people that have had sex change procedures. They both may not have 'changed' much - but seemed much happier and more self-confident as time passed after change.

Would this be a case of sex influencing a personality - or more properly of gender?

8. Feb 2, 2010 #7
    Let me be the first to volunteer for any scientific study on this matter :biggrin:

9. Feb 2, 2010 #8
    I tell my wife that I am a better engineer when I get some in the morning .... but I guess she likes bad engineers. LOL

So yes it does change your personality. I know I'm lighter on my feet and quicker of wit. For instance had I have had some today I wouldn't of had to edit this post. LOL

Thanks
    Matt

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  10. Feb 2, 2010 #9
    Most people are more happy, when they get some. Their dopamine levels increase, causing them to be in a better mood.

Next time you go into work, you may able to notice your co-workers, and just look at them, most of the time, you can just tell. Or there, is that they may just be deeply in love. That one can throw you off a little bit. Which, is my case, lol.

11. Feb 2, 2010 #10
    That is bad because I work with some ugly people.

12. Feb 2, 2010 #11
    hahhaa, sucks for you. The people I work with are...eh, so so. Just look next time you have to be there. At my job, it's easy to tell...

13. Feb 2, 2010 #12
    It could probably be tied to self-confidence. This would differ in degree from person to person, but I think most can agree that a sexual relationship is very reaffirming.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook