Does sex change your personality?

• Thread starter higgsnerd137
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Change
In summary, the conversation discusses the potential changes in personality that occur when a person has sex. Some people believe that sex can make them more confident and happy, while others argue that it depends on the individual and their circumstances. There is also a mention of gender and how it may play a role in one's personality. Overall, the conversation suggests that sex can have an impact on a person's personality, but the extent of this influence varies from person to person.
higgsnerd137
I was just wondering about this. Does your personality change when you have sex?

Physics news on Phys.org
Mine didn't. I guess it depends on the situation, age, and maturity of the individual.

That would be hard to quantify given how many people start having sex when they're already changing.

higgsnerd137 said:
I was just wondering about this. Does your personality change when you have sex?

yes... I turn into a love-machine.

In addition to Pythagorean's post, sometime you change and you don't realize it, making the question even harder to answer correctly.

I know I am grumpy when I DON'T have sex - which means I spend a lot of time crumpy ... :mad:

In another view about sex - I have know two people that have had sex change procedures. They both may not have 'changed' much - but seemed much happier and more self-confident as time passed after change.

Would this be a case of sex influencing a personality - or more properly of gender?

Let me be the first to volunteer for any scientific study on this matter :biggrin:

I tell my wife that I am a better engineer when I get some in the morning ... but I guess she likes bad engineers. LOL

So yes it does change your personality. I know I'm lighter on my feet and quicker of wit. For instance had I have had some today I wouldn't of had to edit this post. LOL

Thanks
Matt

Last edited:
Most people are more happy, when they get some. Their dopamine levels increase, causing them to be in a better mood.

Next time you go into work, you may able to notice your co-workers, and just look at them, most of the time, you can just tell. Or there, is that they may just be deeply in love. That one can throw you off a little bit. Which, is my case, lol.

...and just look at them...

That is bad because I work with some ugly people.

CFDFEAGURU said:
That is bad because I work with some ugly people.

hahhaa, sucks for you. The people I work with are...eh, so so. Just look next time you have to be there. At my job, it's easy to tell...

It could probably be tied to self-confidence. This would differ in degree from person to person, but I think most can agree that a sexual relationship is very reaffirming.

1. How does sex affect personality?

There is no definitive answer to this question, as personality is a complex and multifaceted concept. However, some research suggests that sex can have some influence on certain aspects of personality, such as aggression, communication styles, and social behaviors. It is important to note that these effects can vary greatly between individuals and are not determined solely by one's sex.

2. Can having sex change your personality?

Having sex itself is not likely to drastically change one's personality. However, sexual experiences and relationships can contribute to personal growth and development, which may impact certain personality traits. Furthermore, the emotional and psychological effects of sex can also play a role in shaping one's personality.

3. Is there a difference in how sex affects male and female personalities?

There is limited research on this topic, but some studies suggest that social and cultural expectations may play a role in how sex affects men and women's personalities differently. For example, societal norms may encourage men to be more sexually assertive, while women may be expected to be more passive. However, this is not a universal rule and can vary greatly between individuals.

4. Can abstaining from sex affect your personality?

Abstaining from sex does not necessarily have a direct impact on personality. However, individuals who choose to abstain may have different values and beliefs that can influence their personality and behavior. Additionally, the reasons for abstaining, such as religious or personal beliefs, can also play a role in shaping one's personality.

5. Are there any negative effects of sex on personality?

There is no evidence to suggest that sex itself has negative effects on personality. However, certain sexual experiences, such as abuse or trauma, can have a significant impact on an individual's personality. It is important to seek support and therapy to address any negative effects and work towards healing and personal growth.