Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Does the heart actually hold emotions?

1. May 27, 2004 #1

Last edited: Jun 1, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. May 27, 2004 #2
    If your heart's beating faster than normal I believe it might cause pain that creates tears. In terms of happiness I'm fairly skeptical. As far as I know the your Nervous system controls emotions.

The heart pumps blood. By opening if you mean the valves which help move blood around the body then I doubt it. I'd assume they'd just open at a faster rate and not increase in size itself.

The heart doesn't control emotions. Movement or things contributed by the heart that are recognized by the nervous system could cause emotions I suppose. If you want to look at it that way.

I'm not expert so don't heed to much attention to my rambling.

4. May 27, 2004 #3
    Welcome to PF :smile:
    I'm happy for you and your daughter, though methinks you may have allowed yourself to get too excited. But, I suppose this is what mothers are sometimes good for. As far as the blood goes, the only experience I have with something like that would be following a bite from a Fer-de-lance snake.

5. May 27, 2004 #4
    Congratulations

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?