Is this Engine Operational?

• Thread starter trungnguyen89
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Engine Work
In summary, the conversation discusses whether or not an engine shown in a picture is functional and what type of energy input it may have. It is also mentioned that the engine may have a lift, but this topic is forbidden for discussion.
trungnguyen89
Does this engine work?

47040471_2214566118556143_3020928035768500224_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fsgn2-2.jpg

Attachments

• 47040471_2214566118556143_3020928035768500224_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fsgn2-2.jpg
    47040471_2214566118556143_3020928035768500224_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fsgn2-2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 772
Engineering news on Phys.org
trungnguyen89 said:
Does this engine work?
can't tell from this picture.
What is the energy input of the engine?

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be a gasoline engine or an electric motor
I want to know if it has a lift or not?

Looks to me like a reactionless drive. Forbidden by the laws of physics. And discussion here is forbidden as well.

trungnguyen89 said:
It may be a gasoline engine or an electric motor
I want to know if it has a lift or not?

If you mean lift as in spacecraft , then @jbriggs4russ correct. That is a forbidden topic on PF, so thread closed.

If you mean something else, send me a PM message, and I may reopen it.

Likes jim hardy

1. How does an engine work?

An engine works by converting chemical energy into mechanical energy. It does this by burning fuel, such as gasoline, inside a combustion chamber. The resulting explosion creates pressure that pushes pistons, which in turn, rotate a crankshaft and power the vehicle or machine.

2. What are the main components of an engine?

The main components of an engine are the cylinders, pistons, connecting rods, crankshaft, valves, spark plugs, and fuel injectors. These parts work together to produce the combustion and movement necessary for the engine to function.

3. What are the different types of engines?

There are several types of engines, including internal combustion engines (gasoline and diesel), rotary engines, electric motors, and steam engines. Each type has its own unique design and operation, but they all work on the same principle of converting energy into motion.

4. What is the difference between a two-stroke and a four-stroke engine?

A two-stroke engine completes a full cycle (intake, compression, power, and exhaust) in just two strokes of the piston, while a four-stroke engine completes the same cycle in four strokes. Two-stroke engines are typically simpler and lighter, but four-stroke engines are more efficient and produce less pollution.

5. How can I maintain my engine to ensure it works properly?

To keep your engine running smoothly, you should regularly change the oil and oil filter, check and replace the air filter, and keep all other fluids at the recommended levels. It is also important to follow the manufacturer's maintenance schedule and address any issues or strange noises immediately.