Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Does this make sense

1. Jun 6, 2004 #1
    I was talking about this with a friend the other day and i wondered what u guyz think abou this. We had our elections a month or so back so with our new gov. officials being sworn in and stuff we started talking bout the politicals parties that were in the running. She mentioned a christian party that was for the death penalty and against abortion...?? I know its an old debate but I just wanted to know whay students around the globe think bout it.............................................

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 6, 2004 #2

jimmy p

Gold Member

Uh... not very Christian is it... thats like "an eye for an eye".

4. Jun 7, 2004 #3
    :biggrin: Yeah, and the two propositions are a bit difficult to reconcile.

5. Jun 7, 2004 #4
    Uncle Branley, are you really busy ? Chatting is your favorite ?

6. Jun 7, 2004 #5

jimmy p

Gold Member

????? :confused:

7. Jun 7, 2004 #6
    hi uncle branley???

8. Jun 7, 2004 #7

jimmy p

Gold Member

maybe it is some sort of code.... "The pig is in the poke."

9. Jun 7, 2004 #8

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Either someone is doing a great job at messing with our minds, or someone's mind is greatly messed up.

Back to the thread:

I cannot see how "Christians" are reconciled to being for the death penalty. It is very old testament isn't it (the death penalty that is)? I've noticed that the Catholic church is consistant on this basis (against abortion and against the death penalty) but Catholic individuals that are "pro" death penalty are not reproached as severely as those who are "pro" abortion.

Death penalty advocates are spurred by the knowledge of revenge by a wrathful god. They can't wait to get this bad person to hell. If you are not so sure about the hell part, then life behind bars is a more severe torment than extinction.

10. Jun 9, 2004 #9
    yes I agree with u. i think life behind bars with Bubba and the gang would be worse than having ones life exterminated. However in my country we cannot rely on the judicial system to protect people, todays healinde a man who raped an 8 year old girl was allowed to walk away twice. the first time coz the police lost the docket and the second time was for some absurd reason. I wish worse thing could happen to people like that.

By the way "cars cant breathe"

11. Jun 9, 2004 #10

jimmy p

Gold Member

Probably not the right context of thread to say this but... CLASSIC :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?