Tikz at PF: \begin{tikzpicture} Help

• Thread starter bob012345
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Work
In summary: TL;DR Summary: To make tikz work, you can use Overleaf or a LaTeX based word processor like LyX, but it may slow down rendering time for the text.
bob012345
Gold Member
TL;DR Summary
I cannot see any examples of tikz working.
I have this line;

\begin{tikzpicture} \mobiusstrip{1}{0.5} \end{tikzpicture}

What do I do to make it work? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
bob012345 said:
TL;DR Summary: I cannot see any examples of tikz working.

I have this line;

PF uses MathJax and not LaTeX. So not all libraries are available, and cannot be loaded either.

Likes bob012345
Was it part of the MHB site that was merged?

IDK. It has been MathJax here since I joined. I have a tex editor running in parallel in case I want to write mathematical stuff that is more than a simple line. I rather copy, paste and finally adjust it than write it here. That means I have all environments that I want available and could copy tikz diagrams via screenshots.

bob012345 said:
I believe they had tikz, yes, and posts using it are most likely ones from there.

bob012345 said:
fresh_42 said:
IDK. It has been MathJax here since I joined.
MHB had an implementation of LaTeX that allowed tikz to be rendered in the browser:
I like Serena said:
MHB had a dedicated server that converted TikZ code to pictures on the fly.

We don't have that here in PF. You can, however, always render the tikz on your system and post a picture of the result.

bob012345 said:
TL;DR Summary: I cannot see any examples of tikz working.

I have this line;

If all you want is a compiler to make a pdf then I'd suggest looking into Overleaf. Now, I've been using a LaTeX based word processor, LyX,, that also incorporates TikZ, though to save some time I usually use it to generate pdfs as it slows down the rendering time for the text.

-Dan

Likes bob012345

1. What is Tikz?

Tikz is a powerful and popular tool for creating high-quality graphics and diagrams in LaTeX documents. It is based on the PGF/Tikz language and allows for precise and customizable illustrations.

2. How do I use Tikz in my document?

In order to use Tikz in your LaTeX document, you need to load the necessary packages in the preamble of your document. This can be done by including the command \usepackage{tikz} in your document's header.

3. Can I create complex diagrams with Tikz?

Yes, Tikz allows for the creation of complex diagrams and graphics using a variety of drawing tools and commands. With practice and knowledge of the PGF/Tikz language, you can create almost any type of illustration.

4. Are there any resources for learning Tikz?

There are many resources available for learning Tikz, including online tutorials, user guides, and community forums. The official Tikz website also offers extensive documentation and examples to help you get started.

5. How can I get help with Tikz if I have a specific problem?

If you have a specific problem or question related to Tikz, you can seek help from the LaTeX community. There are many forums and online communities dedicated to LaTeX and Tikz, where experienced users can provide guidance and solutions to your problem.