Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Does your school have a binding machine?

1. May 11, 2006 #1
    Since some forgotten time in the past, I've been printing whole books in school. Everyday 30-40 pages and a full book in 1-2-3 weeks. It's not very convenient to staple all the pages, and loose pages get lost easily and bent in a binder. I just came up with an idea, that maybe my school possesses binding machines, like these: http://www.delran.com/
    My friend's mom used to work in some company where they had such thing, he brought binded papers for science. It looked pretty cool.
    So here's a quick question (I assume PF's gotten many teachers) Do you have such binding system in your school?

Thanks,

2. jcsd
  3. May 11, 2006 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I vaguely remember my high school having binding equipment. I'm certain my university has them scattered around each department

4. May 11, 2006 #3

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Go to Staples or Business Depot. It costs $2-3 at most.

5. May 11, 2006 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Business Depot?

We have a place in the US called "Office depot"! Awesome!

6. May 11, 2006 #5
    Yeah my school had an old one, usually only the elementary school teachers used it but it was availble to everyone.

7. May 11, 2006 #6
    Like everthing else made in China:smile: thermal binding machines have gotten a lot cheaper in recent years. Staples has one that can bind 300 pages. It costs $99.00 they also have several less expensive ones depending on the number od sheets. $79 to $99.

8. May 12, 2006 #7
    hehe, that's quite too much. I'd rather leech of somebody, and bind the papers for free :-)

9. May 12, 2006 #8

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You don't need to buy the machine. I don't know where these guys are getting this from.

They will bind it for you for $2-3. This is with the plastic cover and ring.

10. May 12, 2006 #9

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Our company has one, at least partly because we do administer quite a few courses with locally produced text and manuals. They also come in handy for quite a few other documents.

11. May 12, 2006 #10
    Yeah, my school doesn't have one. Just like Jason had predicted, I went to Staples and bound all pages for nearly 3.50. It looks pretty cool.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?