1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Does your school have a binding machine?

1. May 11, 2006 #1
    Since some forgotten time in the past, I've been printing whole books in school. Everyday 30-40 pages and a full book in 1-2-3 weeks. It's not very convenient to staple all the pages, and loose pages get lost easily and bent in a binder. I just came up with an idea, that maybe my school possesses binding machines, like these: http://www.delran.com/
    My friend's mom used to work in some company where they had such thing, he brought binded papers for science. It looked pretty cool.
    So here's a quick question (I assume PF's gotten many teachers) Do you have such binding system in your school?

Thanks,

2. jcsd
  3. May 11, 2006 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I vaguely remember my high school having binding equipment. I'm certain my university has them scattered around each department

4. May 11, 2006 #3

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Go to Staples or Business Depot. It costs $2-3 at most.

5. May 11, 2006 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Business Depot?

We have a place in the US called "Office depot"! Awesome!

6. May 11, 2006 #5
    Yeah my school had an old one, usually only the elementary school teachers used it but it was availble to everyone.

7. May 11, 2006 #6
    Like everthing else made in China:smile: thermal binding machines have gotten a lot cheaper in recent years. Staples has one that can bind 300 pages. It costs $99.00 they also have several less expensive ones depending on the number od sheets. $79 to $99.

8. May 12, 2006 #7
    hehe, that's quite too much. I'd rather leech of somebody, and bind the papers for free :-)

9. May 12, 2006 #8

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You don't need to buy the machine. I don't know where these guys are getting this from.

They will bind it for you for $2-3. This is with the plastic cover and ring.

10. May 12, 2006 #9

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Our company has one, at least partly because we do administer quite a few courses with locally produced text and manuals. They also come in handy for quite a few other documents.

11. May 12, 2006 #10
    Yeah, my school doesn't have one. Just like Jason had predicted, I went to Staples and bound all pages for nearly 3.50. It looks pretty cool.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?