Does your school have a binding machine?

In summary, a binding machine is a device that is used to securely bind together papers or documents. It is commonly found in schools and offices, and can be used to create professional-looking presentations, reports, and projects. The machine works by punching holes in the paper and then adding a binding element, such as a comb or coil, to hold the pages together. Many schools have binding machines available for students and staff to use, making it a convenient tool for organizing and presenting important documents.
heartless
Since some forgotten time in the past, I've been printing whole books in school. Everyday 30-40 pages and a full book in 1-2-3 weeks. It's not very convenient to staple all the pages, and loose pages get lost easily and bent in a binder. I just came up with an idea, that maybe my school possesses binding machines, like these: http://www.delran.com/
My friend's mom used to work in some company where they had such thing, he brought binded papers for science. It looked pretty cool.
So here's a quick question (I assume PF's gotten many teachers) Do you have such binding system in your school?

Thanks,

Physics news on Phys.org
I vaguely remember my high school having binding equipment. I'm certain my university has them scattered around each department

Go to Staples or Business Depot. It costs $2-3 at most.

Business Depot?

We have a place in the US called "Office depot"! Awesome!

Yeah my school had an old one, usually only the elementary school teachers used it but it was availble to everyone.

Like everything else made in China:smile: thermal binding machines have gotten a lot cheaper in recent years. Staples has one that can bind 300 pages. It costs $99.00 they also have several less expensive ones depending on the number od sheets. $79 to $99.

hehe, that's quite too much. I'd rather leech of somebody, and bind the papers for free :-)

heartless said:
hehe, that's quite too much. I'd rather leech of somebody, and bind the papers for free :-)

You don't need to buy the machine. I don't know where these guys are getting this from.

They will bind it for you for $2-3. This is with the plastic cover and ring.

heartless said:
Since some forgotten time in the past, I've been printing whole books in school. Everyday 30-40 pages and a full book in 1-2-3 weeks. It's not very convenient to staple all the pages, and loose pages get lost easily and bent in a binder. I just came up with an idea, that maybe my school possesses binding machines, like these: http://www.delran.com/
My friend's mom used to work in some company where they had such thing, he brought binded papers for science. It looked pretty cool.
So here's a quick question (I assume PF's gotten many teachers) Do you have such binding system in your school?

Thanks,
Our company has one, at least partly because we do administer quite a few courses with locally produced text and manuals. They also come in handy for quite a few other documents.

Yeah, my school doesn't have one. Just like Jason had predicted, I went to Staples and bound all pages for nearly 3.50. It looks pretty cool.

1. What is a binding machine?

A binding machine is a device used to secure multiple pages or documents together, typically by using a plastic comb, spiral, or wire binding.

2. How does a binding machine work?

A binding machine works by punching evenly spaced holes along the edge of the pages or documents that need to be bound. Then, the binding element, such as a plastic comb or wire, is inserted through the holes and closed to secure the pages together.

3. What are the benefits of using a binding machine?

Using a binding machine can make your documents look more professional and organized. It also helps to keep pages in order and prevents them from getting lost or damaged.

4. Can a binding machine bind different sizes of paper?

Yes, most binding machines have adjustable margins and can accommodate different paper sizes, such as letter, legal, or A4.

5. Is a binding machine easy to use?

Yes, most binding machines are designed to be user-friendly and come with instructions for operation. With a little practice, anyone can learn how to use a binding machine effectively.