Doesn't Starry Night have a free download

• Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the availability of a free version of a software called Starry Night. The original poster is searching for the free version online and asks for recommendations. Another user suggests Stellarium as an alternative, which is a free software but only works on certain computer systems. The conversation also mentions a website where one can find more information about Starry Night.
Saladsamurai
that isn't just a 15 day trial? I am looking around the internet now and I keep coming across the trial version. Does anyone have the free version? If so, what site did you get it from?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think there is a completely free version. Don't know if there used to be.

As an alternative, you may want to consider Stellarium?

I have a version that appears to be totally free, but it only works on real computers (no Windows-burners). If you click on 'More Information', though, the second page has a couple of links at the top to other 'Starry Night' stuff. I haven't checked them, but maybe they lead to a place where you can get PC stuff.
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/23994/starry-night-widget" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is Starry Night and why do people want to download it for free?

Starry Night is a popular software program used by astronomers and space enthusiasts to view and study the night sky. It offers a wide range of features such as star charts, virtual telescope control, and simulations of celestial events. Many people want to download it for free because it can be quite expensive to purchase.

2. Is there a legitimate way to download Starry Night for free?

No, there is no legitimate way to download Starry Night for free. It is a copyrighted software and downloading it without purchasing is considered piracy.

3. Are there any alternatives to downloading Starry Night for free?

Yes, there are some alternative free software programs that offer similar features to Starry Night. Some examples include Stellarium, Celestia, and Google Sky.

4. Can I get in trouble for downloading Starry Night for free?

Yes, downloading Starry Night for free without purchasing it is considered piracy and can result in legal consequences. It is important to respect the intellectual property and copyrights of software developers.

5. Is it worth purchasing Starry Night instead of downloading it for free?

That ultimately depends on your personal preferences and needs. While there are free alternatives, Starry Night is a highly reputable and comprehensive software with constant updates and support. Purchasing it ensures that you have access to all its features and future updates.