Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dog sitter needed.

1. Dec 19, 2004 #1

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm going to be away for two weeks to visit my nephew (and my sister and brother-in-law) for Christmas/New Years. I leave Wed and don't return until Jan 2 (hopefully I'll get a chance to get online during that time, but no counting on it at my sister's house). Unfortunately, this year I have to leave tribdog behind. Someone please make sure he gets fed (he'll eat pretty much anything, so this isn't too difficult). He's reasonably well housebroken, just don't let him play with matches. Once in a while he gets off his leash and roams into the other forums here, and has to be retrieved. No reason to worry if that happens, he doesn't bite, but will lick the face of anyone he runs into and do a few tricks to make them laugh. And, please, play with him a bit so he doesn't get too lonely missing me while I'm gone (it'll keep him from melting the carpet too). :biggrin:

In case I don't have a chance to say so later, in the flurry of activity to get myself ready to leave in the next few days:
    Have a Very Merry Winter Solstice Holiday of Choice!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 20, 2004 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Has he had his shots?

4. Dec 20, 2004 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

He's not coming here. I just got new carpets!

5. Dec 20, 2004 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I heard that he pees a lot when he gets excited.

6. Dec 20, 2004 #5
    I don't pee.
    There is nothing to worry about, I've got things to keep me busy. I just found this thing called "Stump-B-Gone" and it has a fuse. I'm gonna take it apart and see what's inside.

7. Dec 20, 2004 #6
    Happy piddles, huh.

I heard he has a little Australian Leg Hound in him. (If he latches on, it's best to just let him finish, if you know what I mean.)

8. Dec 20, 2004 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:surprised No! Bad dog! No playing with things with fuses! I don't want to come back to find you're typing with your nose because you've blasted your hands off!

And if he wants to play fetch, don't be fooled...he really just wants two sticks to try rubbing together to make fire.

I know he really is a handful at times, but maybe if everyone just takes him for a day, it won't be too much.

Ivan, when he gets excited, I don't think it's piddling he's doing. :bugeye:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9. Dec 20, 2004 #8
    Oh Moonbear, thanks for coming back so soon, having a dog "at large" worries me. You simply MUST station here to keep him from mischief. You have been a most competent dog-handler, keep him :biggrin:

10. Dec 20, 2004 #9

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Why don't you just take him with you, Moonbear? I have a carrying case you can borrow.

11. Dec 20, 2004 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, my sister already has two dogs and a toddler in a small house...it just seems it would be too chaotic to introduce a new puppy into that environment (poor tribdog would be traumatized for life!). I think she finally put the horribly uncomfortable trundle bed (which had been in the baby's room) into the guest room instead of the horribly uncomfortable futon (I used to opt to drag the mattress from the bed onto the floor of the guest room, because it was the most comfortable arrangement I could figure out). If it weren't for my nephew, I'd probably have opted to take a trip to AZ instead! :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?