Chupacabras in Lota: Mystery of Animal Deaths

In summary, researchers are discussing an unknown biological entity that is attacking animals in a mining community. The recent deaths of dogs in the Enacar compound have sparked speculation, with one person suggesting it may be a free floating class III apritation with vampire-like tendencies. However, there is no confirmation as the person does not have access to the necessary resources.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Did the Chupacabras move to Lota? Researchers of the unexplained prefer to speak of an unknown biological entity which attacks the animals in a mining community. Death has now visited the dogs in the Enacar compound

http://www.paranormalnews.com/article.asp?ArticleID=725

Physics news on Phys.org
Dogs Sucked Dry

It has a nice ring to it.
My first thought was; what have those nasty animals done with themselves this time?

...But it appears more than simply a case of dog on dog...

Last edited by a moderator:
In the thread at the bottom of the
story Bluemoon writes:

"I would say that it may be a Free
Floating Class III Apritation(sic)
with vampriristic(sic) Tendencies"

which I think may be right, but I
have misplaced my copy of Dia-
gnostic and Statistical Manual of
Apritations
so I can't check.

Last edited:

What is a Chupacabra?

A Chupacabra is a mythical creature that is said to inhabit parts of Latin America and Puerto Rico. It is described as a small, hairless, dog-like animal with sharp fangs and a long tail. Its name roughly translates to "goat-sucker" as it is believed to attack and feed on livestock, particularly goats.

What is the mystery surrounding the animal deaths in Lota?

The mystery in Lota revolves around the sudden and unexplained deaths of multiple animals, including goats, chickens, and rabbits. These animals were found with puncture marks on their necks and drained of blood, leading some to believe that a Chupacabra may be responsible for these killings.

Is there any scientific evidence of the existence of Chupacabras?

No, there is no scientific evidence to support the existence of Chupacabras. Many experts believe that sightings and reports of Chupacabras are actually misidentified known animals, such as coyotes, foxes, or dogs. Others consider it to be a purely mythical creature with no basis in reality.

What could be causing the animal deaths in Lota?

There are several possible explanations for the animal deaths in Lota. It could be the work of a predator, such as a wild dog or coyote, that has been hunting and killing the animals. It could also be a case of animal diseases or environmental factors leading to the deaths. Without further evidence, it is difficult to determine the exact cause.

How can this mystery be solved?

The best way to solve this mystery would be through further investigation and gathering of evidence. This could involve setting up cameras or traps to capture any potential predators, conducting autopsies on the dead animals to determine the cause of death, and analyzing the surrounding environment for any potential factors that could have contributed to the deaths.