What are DOI and DOJ and how do they help find a specific journal article?

• Thread starter Chris Riccard
  • Start date
In summary, a doi or doj is a digital object identifier or digital object jacket that is used to uniquely identify and locate a specific journal article or publication. It is a combination of numbers and letters that serve as a persistent link to the article, making it easier to find and reference. The doi doj numbers may be found on the article itself or on databases such as PubMed or Google Scholar. When searching for a specific article, having the correct doi doj numbers can help narrow down the results and ensure that you are looking at the correct publication. The Knudsen layer, a concept in fluid dynamics, can also be found using doi doj numbers. However, when searching for the original paper by Knudsen on the Knud
Chris Riccard
What does it mean when you're looking for a journal and come across those doi doj things with numbers proceeding the, basically I'm asking what those journal numbers mean and how do I find what I'm looking for once I have the right numbers and what does doi doj stand for. I was looking for the original paper on the Knudsen layer by Knudsen and couldn't find it anywhere, all I seem to come across when I look is papers on fluid Dynamics, this led me to accidentally buying a book on boundry layers all I'm trying to figure out is how water evaporates without looking at phase diagrams, I'd like a detailed explanation down to the quantum level for my files.

Physics news on Phys.org

What are DOI and DOJ indexes?

DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and DOJ (Department of Justice) indexes are both systems used to identify and organize digital information. DOI indexes are used primarily in academic publishing to provide a permanent link to a specific article or document. DOJ indexes, on the other hand, are used by the US Department of Justice to organize and track legal documents and cases.

Why are DOI and DOJ indexes important?

DOI and DOJ indexes are important because they provide a standardized way to identify and locate digital information. This makes it easier for researchers to access and cite specific articles or legal documents, as well as for the DOJ to manage and track legal cases.

How are DOI and DOJ indexes created?

DOI indexes are created by publishers when they assign a DOI to a new article or document. This DOI is then registered with a central DOI system, making it searchable and accessible. DOJ indexes are created by the DOJ when they assign a unique index number to a new legal document or case.

Can I access DOI and DOJ indexes for free?

DOI indexes can be searched and accessed for free by anyone using a DOI resolver, which is a website or tool that converts the DOI into a URL. DOJ indexes, however, are not publicly accessible and can only be accessed by authorized personnel within the DOJ.

Are DOI and DOJ indexes reliable?

Yes, DOI and DOJ indexes are considered to be reliable sources of information. The DOI system is managed by a not-for-profit organization, and the DOJ indexes are created and managed by the US government. Both systems have processes in place to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the information they contain.