Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Donate a Gmail Invite

1. Jun 20, 2004 #1

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

If a generous person on this board is willing to donate an invite to me can you please PM me. Thanks. :wink:

Anyone else can post a request for a invite in this thread as well.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 20, 2004 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, I would be most happy, and grateful, and indebted too.

Thanks.

4. Jun 21, 2004 #3
    ok, thats not cool. I was thinking about begging for a gmail invite on the pf, but I thought it would be unethical and one day later you ask and get one.

You are not indebted to me in any way and it is most likely that I'm indebeted to you, but if you have an extra invite, may I have one?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  5. Jun 21, 2004 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oops, maybe that didn't come out the way I wanted it to. You see, my sentence ended with "too" not "to". Perhaps the "too" belonged after the "I".

In other words, I too am kindly requesting an invite, and offering my gratitude and indebtedness in return.

Now why should this be unethical ? Uncool, certainly, but unethical ?

6. Jun 21, 2004 #5
    sorry, in my jumping for joy in thinking that someone on the pf had gmail invites I guess I didn't read your post correctly. I figured it was unethical because this is the pf and its supposed to be used for science and tech, not begging for a gmail account. Sites like gmail swap are for that.

I could see someone offering a gmail account, but I don't believe you should beg for one here. I'm somewhat of a hypocrite in believing this because I was begging for an account in my previous post.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  7. Jun 21, 2004 #6
    w00t, I just got a gmail invite!!!!!!!
    If I get any invites to share they will be going here

8. Jun 21, 2004 #7

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

Yippy!!!!!!

9. Jun 21, 2004 #8
    Aww... I've been trying to get one for weeks now. Anyone else got an invite they can hook me up with?

10. Jun 22, 2004 #9

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:confused: call me ignorant.. but what is this gmail invite and why would you so much want to have it and why do you need to be invited? I just got an invite (without even having to ask) so I'm wondering whether to take it or not.. :biggrin:

11. Jun 22, 2004 #10
    I am honestly unable to clearify myself what exactly gmail invite is?

12. Jun 22, 2004 #11

jimmy p

Gold Member

Same here, spill the beans to us technologically impaired people

13. Jun 22, 2004 #12

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I guess it must be some beta version of the google mail, with the 1 Gb of free space as the bait :) still don't get the invites..

14. Jun 22, 2004 #13
    If I still amnot getting any invites, I will cry like a cat (mew mew mew) whole day...:)
    I partially figure out what that kind of gmail invite is now, so "No, thanks !!!"

Yeah...\(^.^)/...yeah

15. Jun 22, 2004 #14

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

The point of getting the invite is so you can get a good email name. How many times have you tried getting an email with some other service to find out your name has already been taken?

16. Jun 22, 2004 #15
    OK, I'm down on my knees begging for an invite. :biggrin:

17. Jun 22, 2004 #16
    well, I asked the guy who gave me an invite to send some over here. Don't know if he will, but I hope he does.

18. Jun 22, 2004 #17

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

19. Jun 22, 2004 #18
    The Gmail service ( Googles email service ) is in beta testing. It is not yet open to the public. Therefore the only way to get an account is to be "invited" into the system. Basically Google picked a bunch of people to start with, and then every so often gives them invitations which those people can hand out to their friends and whatnot.

I want! :)

20. Jun 22, 2004 #19

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

WhOHOO! Now I'm one of the elite :wink:

21. Jun 22, 2004 #20
    I want an inviate as well, please :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?