Don't Drink and Drive - Stay Safe

• Thread starter klusener
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Drive
In summary, a person apologizes for sending a link about drunk driving and expresses their strong feelings against it. Another person shares their hatred for drunk drivers and suggests a harsh punishment for them. The conversation then turns to discussing the dangers of drunk driving and the impact it has on society. One person suggests using a real-life story in TV adverts to raise awareness.
Physics news on Phys.org
klusener, that was extremely touching. my husband and i are going out for new year's, but i am remaining completely sober since i volunteered to be the designated driver.

I hate drunk drivers. If anyone I know every gets injured/killed like that because of a drunk driver, I will personally look up the list of all the drunk drivers in my state and kill each and every one of them, and then move on to the next state.

Yep what the hell could be worse than a drunk driver ? :/ ...
... A sober serial killer ?

what if a drunk driver crashes and kills a serial killer

tribdog said:
what if a drunk driver crashes and kills a serial killer

I think that's a victory for everyone (well, apart from those involved), espescially if the drink driver dies or is imprisoned.

Seriously though, I hate drunk drivers. Anyone caught should have their license taken away before they kill somebody.

Horrible stuff.I never feel safe riding in a car.Killing machines.

I believe that drunk driving and excessive speed are leading causes of death for some age groups - like 16-20 years. I can't even comment on the story linked...other than it is overwhelming and gut wrenching.

I agree, i think that story should be used for TV adverts that will work a lot better than any advert i have ever seen.

I nearly cried.

Your evil.

1. What is the purpose of "Don't Drink and Drive - Stay Safe"?

The purpose of "Don't Drink and Drive - Stay Safe" is to raise awareness about the dangers of drinking and driving and to promote safe and responsible behavior to prevent accidents and save lives.

2. How does drinking alcohol affect your ability to drive?

Alcohol can impair your judgment, coordination, and reaction time, making it difficult to control your vehicle and respond to potential hazards on the road. It also decreases your vision and makes you drowsy, which can lead to accidents.

3. What are the consequences of drinking and driving?

The consequences of drinking and driving can be severe and life-changing. They can include fines, license suspension, jail time, and even death or serious injuries to yourself and others on the road.

4. What can I do to avoid drinking and driving?

There are many ways to avoid drinking and driving, such as designating a sober driver, using public transportation, calling a taxi or rideshare service, or staying the night at a friend's house. It is also important to plan ahead and avoid situations where you may be tempted to drive after drinking.

5. How can I help spread the message of "Don't Drink and Drive - Stay Safe"?

You can help spread the message of "Don't Drink and Drive - Stay Safe" by sharing the information with your friends and family, volunteering with organizations that promote safe driving, and being a role model by always choosing not to drink and drive.