Is Honking at Elderly Drivers Really Funny?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of growing old and how it is better than the alternative of not growing old. It also mentions the concept of staying young and beautiful forever, and one person jokingly suggests a leprechaun with a fountain of youth in his pants. George Burns is also quoted, stating that if he is not in the obituaries, he gets dressed in the morning.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Funny, but I think not. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Sensitive bumper that is.

Note to self: the natural enemy of a yuppie is an old person.

Note to same 'self': yuppies will become old persons if they are lucky.

Last edited:
I have accepted the fact that growing old beats the alternative.

Staying young and beautiful forever?

Poop-Loops said:
Staying young and beautiful forever?

How did you manage to get that alternative offered to you?

GeorginaS said:
How did you manage to get that alternative offered to you?

A leprechaun with a fountain of youth in his pants.

IN MY PA-- yes, exactly.

edward said:
I have accepted the fact that growing old beats the alternative.

If you live to be one hundred, you've got it made. Very few people die past that age.

When I get up in the morning I check the obituaries page of the newspaper. If I'm not in there, I get dressed.

- George Burns

That's so great! :rofl:

Last edited:

1. Why should we not honk at old people?

Honking at old people can startle or confuse them, which can be dangerous for both the elderly individual and other drivers on the road. It can also be considered disrespectful and can cause unnecessary stress for the senior citizen.

2. Is there a specific age range for "old people" in regards to this rule?

The term "old people" is subjective and can vary from person to person. However, in general, it is considered best to avoid honking at anyone who appears to be elderly or may have slower reflexes or cognitive abilities.

3. Are there any exceptions to the rule of not honking at old people?

In emergency situations where honking is necessary to avoid an accident, it is understandable to honk at anyone, regardless of age. However, in non-emergency situations, it is best to refrain from honking at senior citizens.

4. How can we ensure that old people are not honked at while driving?

One way to prevent honking at old people is to educate young and new drivers about the importance of respecting and being considerate towards senior citizens on the road. Additionally, practicing patience and understanding can also help avoid honking at elderly individuals.

5. Are there any laws or regulations regarding honking at old people?

In most places, there are no specific laws or regulations that prohibit honking at old people. However, some cities and states may have noise ordinances that restrict excessive honking, which can include honking at elderly individuals. It is always best to check local laws and regulations before honking in any situation.