Don't worry - this is not a test.

• Thread starter honestrosewater
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Test
In summary, the images in this conversation depict two toddlers sitting on their mothers' laps, one of which is being tickled by the other. The images are used to study children's reactions to language, and it seems that the children in this experiment primarily focused on the images matching the sentences they heard.

What do these images suggest to you?

• Two characters are tickling each other

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • You know...

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • I don't want to talk about it

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
wolram said:
I have a pure mind so that does not remind me of what i think.
:rofl: :rofl: Well, it reminds me of what you think.

It reminds ME of the cut sleeve, whether that's pure or not.

honestrosewater said:
:rofl: :rofl: Well, it reminds me of what you think.

Oh Heck, my leg has gone stiff, bye bye for now, i must exercise it.

arildno said:
the cut sleeve, perhaps?
What is the cut sleeve? I found a book Passions of the Cut Sleeve: The Male Homosexual Tradition in China (this was the first result), but no mention of what 'the cut sleeve' refers to.
hitssquad said:
Cultural deconstructionism = PPD.
Don't shoot the messenger. I didn't see it at first, but of course, now that I've heard her interpretation, I see it.

honestrosewater said:
What is the cut sleeve? I found a book Passions of the Cut Sleeve: The Male Homosexual Tradition in China (this was the first result), but no mention of what 'the cut sleeve' refers to.
It refers to one of the canonical gay love stories from ancient China:
An emperor is dozing with his male lover lying asleep, his head lying on the broad sleeve of the emperor's typical Chinese garment (VERY costly, presumably, since he was the emperor..).

A servant comes in, there is urgent business for the emperor to take care of, but because he doesn't want to disturb his lover's blissful sleep, he cuts of the sleeve of his garment, and leaves the room quietly.

So, the story became in time one those "how sweet! how tender!"-stories about love..

Last edited:
arildno said:
It refers to one of the canonical gay love stories from ancient China:
An emperor is dozing with his male lover lying asleep, his head lying on the broad sleeve of the emperor's typical Chinese garment (VERY costly, presumably, since he was the emperor..).

A servant comes in, there is urgent business for the emperor to take care of, but because he doesn't want to disturb his lover's blissful sleep, he cuts of the sleeve of his garment, and leaves the room quietly.

So, the story became in time one those "how sweet! how tender!"-stories about love..
:smile: :smile:

wolram said:
Oh Heck, my leg has gone stiff, bye bye for now, i must exercise it.
Is that a British expression for buffing the turtle?