Where is James going on holiday in July?

• Thread starter jimmy p
  • Start date
In summary, JimmyP will be on holiday in Turkey from the 2nd to the 9th of July. There are some concerns about the safety of Turkey and its prisons, but JimmyP seems confident. His friends have a holiday home with a communal pool, and there is an earthquake on the other side of Turkey. There is also a discussion about what "shreddies" are and whether or not JimmyP has them. The Bob is offering to be a replacement for JimmyP and there is a brief mention of being grounded.
jimmy p
Gold Member
Don't worry!

Just to say, don't worry if I'm not on at all from the 2nd to the 9th of July... I'm going on holiday to Turkey!

Lots of love

James :wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
If you get Hungary, stop by Greece before you go for Turkey...BE CAREFUL...!

I will, no worries! I have been told to watch out for tons of things, such as the water, dodgy salesmen in markets, small restaurants and shops. I think I will stick to beer...

jimmy p said:
Just to say, don't worry if I'm not on at all from the 2nd to the 9th of July... I'm going on holiday to Turkey!

Lots of love

James :wink:
A customer of mine vacationed in Turkey recently. I thought he was nuts, but he said it was wonderful.

Be careful chopnik, I hear those Turkish prisons are no fun. :frown:

It's going to be a very boring week without you. :cry:

aww thanks mom!

Try a bath, if you find the time.

Have a great time! Any room in your suitcase to smuggle me along with you?

Gokul, are you suggesting JimmyP doesn't bathe often enough ;-)

Gokul43201 said:
Try a bath, if you find the time.

That is some good advice there... even though I prefer showers. Maybe a nice relaxing dip in the pool would substitute as the "bath" where I can shower as normal. The place I am staying at is great, my friend's parents have a holiday home. They have furnished it like a house, fresh sheets, washing machine, stuff like that. AND the communial pool. (Their other holiday home will have a pool just for them!)

Moonbear said:
Have a great time! Any room in your suitcase to smuggle me along with you?

Gokul, are you suggesting JimmyP doesn't bathe often enough ;-)

If you can pack yourself into a 60 litre bag amongst my clothes, shreddies n stuff, then sure, you are welcome to join us!

Turkish Earthquake

Uh-Oh, an earthquake today in Turkey, where Jimmy P has gone "on holiday" as those funny English say... :frown:

holly said:
Uh-Oh, an earthquake today in Turkey, where Jimmy P has gone "on holiday" as those funny English say... :frown:

We are not funny :mad: Just a bit mad. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

I highly recommend the taffy.

Njorl

An Earthquake?

jimmy always has been a drama queen, he probably forgot to pack his shreddies and had a tantrum.

What are shreddies?

From the context, I'm guessing shreddies must be underwear. It's that silly British English they use. LOL!

Either underwear or his cereal.. knowing the brits, he must've forgotten his box of cereal :tongue2:

Well, maybe he'll discover that Turkey has internet cafes and will check into let us know, if he isn't too wired on Turkish coffee (now that's some yummy, high octane coffee!)

Monique said:
Either underwear or his cereal.. knowing the brits, he must've forgotten his box of cereal :tongue2:

Knowing Brits. We are not that bad. It is just that some people make us sound bad with their talk. Not fair.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Well, then, The Bob, if you speak Brit :wink: ...
what are shreddies? :confused: :confused:
Don't make us wait for Jimmy to return to answer this extremely important question!

Moonbear said:
Well, then, The Bob, if you speak Brit :wink: ...
what are shreddies? :confused: :confused:
Don't make us wait for Jimmy to return to answer this extremely important question!

I do speak Brit as I am one. :wink:

Shreddies are a cereal. They are amde of whole grain-wheat. Good for you.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Very good for you, i have spoken to jimmy briefly and the earthquake was on the otherside of turkey so they are ok.

Andy said:
Very good for you, i have spoken to jimmy briefly and the earthquake was on the otherside of turkey so they are ok.
I'm glad they are safe.

More importantly, does he have his shreddies?? If not, we can do an emergency airlift into Turkey with enough Shreddies to last him until the ninth.

Evo said:
I'm glad they are safe.

More importantly, does he have his shreddies?? If not, we can do an emergency airlift into Turkey with enough Shreddies to last him until the ninth.

I don't think anyone in the world needs Shreddies to be airlifted to then. Maybe pizza or a nice hot curry or Weetabix (prehaps) but not Shreddies. Shreddies are all stringy when they are in milk. Not nice. Can be funny to throw them at people though and whip their faces. :rofl:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Yes he does have his shreddies, jimmy mite be weird but he aint stupid. Oh i won't be online for the next 2 weeks so bye bye.

Andy said:
Oh i won't be online for the next 2 weeks so bye bye.
Wait, you get back here young man. Where are you going?

You and chopnik can't both take off at the same time! :mad:

Evo said:
Wait, you get back here young man. Where are you going?

You and chopnik can't both take off at the same time! :mad:

He He. I am their replacement. He He. I live close enough to them. :biggrin: :rofl:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Sooo... The Bob... You like being grounded? :biggrin: We're ALWAYS grounding Copnik and Andy for their antics... :surprise: :biggrin:

Hey, u never grounded me yet. I am in South London, croydon to be precise. On a college course very boring, posting this cos the teachers boring me. Going on holiday next week to newquay.

Bye bye for now.

Tsunami said:
Sooo... The Bob... You like being grounded? :biggrin: We're ALWAYS grounding Copnik and Andy for their antics... :surprise: :biggrin:

No problem with being grounded (mum :wink: ) but I have not been up to anything yet :rolleyes:

The Bob (2004 ©)

P.S. Why is Jimmyp known as Chopnik?

My god these lessons are boring, half the computers don't work and the Instructors don't have a clue what they are doing. What a waste of time.

Andy said:
My god these lessons are boring, half the computers don't work and the Instructors don't have a clue what they are doing. What a waste of time.

He He. Well where are you?

The Bob (2004 ©)

Croydon, some **** training centre of excellence. Very boring.

Andy said:
Croydon, some **** training centre of excellence. Very boring.

Poor you :rofl:

The Bob (2004 ©)

I'm BACK my lovelies. My shreddies ARE my underwear so congratulations Moonbear, you get the points! Man, I had the most WONDERFUL time out their, despite the 11 hour delay to get back home! It was truly great!

Welcome home chopnik! :biggrin:

We have all missed you so much!

You must tell us what you did. :biggrin: