Dou you know anyone who has cats and likes to take pictures?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pictures
In summary: Kids would love that and adults too. The cat lovers out there.This is a great poem, and I am forwarding it to some friends.
tribdog
I've always said I wanted to write a children's book. I wrote a poem that I think would be a great kid's book, but I ran into problems illustrating it because I can't draw. But there is no reason why real pictures couldn't be used instead. Picture a little kids book (maybe shaped like a cat's head) with the following poem (maybe two lines per page):

I think my cat is broken.
He doesn’t seem quite right.
He likes to sleep all day long
Then go outside at night.

I think my cat is broken
His tastes are quite absurd.
He didn’t like my candy bar
But tried to eat a bird.

I think my cat is broken
He plays with crazy things.
His favorite toy is just a bell
Wrapped up with little strings.

Maybe my cat’s not broken
And does what all cats do.
He plays and purrs and says meow.
Does that sound broke to you?

Me neither!

How about a contest where you take pictures of your cat acting out the story, winners get bundled up and sent to a publisher. I know my poem's good enough, so if it doesn't get published it'll be your fault. split any profits.

Physics news on Phys.org
That's really great, are you sure you wrote it? :biggrin:

wrote, read, what's the difference?
of course I wrote it

tribdog said:
wrote, read, what's the difference?
of course I wrote it
Just teasing, I am forwarding it to some friends.

Last edited:
Great poem!

Kids would love that and adults too. The cat lovers out there.

friends in the publishing world with deep pockets I hope.

Haven't you posted that story here before? Or was it something you just shared in a PM previously? I know I enjoyed it the first time, and still think it would be great if illustrated and published as a children's book.

Check out all the recent pet and kitten threads!

I have plenty of photos of my kitten, but she's not acting out any of those things...she doesn't sit still long enough to photograph her sleeping (the only place she sleeps that isn't on top of me, which makes it hard to grab a camera and get a photo, is under the couch).

can't you have her stuffed? then place her in various positions? It's not video after all

Last edited:
yeah, I've had this story for years.
I wrote something about september 11th a while back and every year I get hounded to send it out to publishers, but I forget until after september 11th. but that gets me thinking about other things I've written and I always come back to this one. Then I saw the picture competitions and all the cat threads and I thought why not...

tribdog said:
can't you have her stuffed? then place her in various positions? It's not video after all
I might take you up on that if she doesn't bring back the spoon she stole and now has hidden! :grumpy: She's been showing off all the trouble she's capable of getting into today! She learned to jump from the wastebasket to the desk to the top of the bookcases in my office, which of course is where all the breakable stuff is. She found her way onto the DVD player too, and I'm still awaiting the CD avalanche as the CDs get pushed closer and closer to the edge of the rack each time she climbs on it. :rolleyes:

1. What is the purpose of taking pictures of cats?

The purpose of taking pictures of cats can vary depending on the individual. Some people may take pictures of their cats to capture memories and moments with their beloved pets. Others may take pictures to showcase their cat's unique personalities or to share on social media platforms.

2. Do cats enjoy having their pictures taken?

It depends on the individual cat's personality and comfort level with being photographed. Some cats may enjoy the attention and the opportunity to pose, while others may become agitated or anxious. It's important to respect a cat's boundaries and not force them into taking pictures if they seem uncomfortable.

3. Can taking pictures of cats be beneficial for their well-being?

In some cases, yes. Cats are known to provide emotional support and companionship to their owners, and taking pictures of them can be a form of bonding and communication. Additionally, taking pictures of a cat's behavior or physical appearance can also help owners monitor their health and detect any changes that may require medical attention.

4. What are some tips for taking good pictures of cats?

Patience and a good understanding of cat behavior are key for taking good pictures of cats. It's important to let the cat get comfortable with the camera and the person taking the pictures before attempting to capture the perfect shot. Using natural lighting and having treats or toys on hand can also help to capture a cat's attention and create more interesting photos.

5. Are there any potential risks to taking pictures of cats?

As with any activity involving animals, there are potential risks involved in taking pictures of cats. It's important to be aware of a cat's body language and to not put them in any uncomfortable or dangerous situations for the sake of a photo. Additionally, if using flash photography, it's important to be mindful of a cat's eyes and to avoid causing any harm or discomfort.