1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Double Major? or Single?

1. Jul 6, 2007 #1
    What are the pros and cons of taking a double major vs a single? Would I be miss information that I might gain by just focusing on one major? The degree options in question are: Physics, or Physics w/Electrical Engineering. My main priority would probably by physics.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 6, 2007 #2
    You should probably check with an advisor at your school to make sure that a physics/EE double major is possible and what you would have to do to fulfill all the requirements.

4. Jul 7, 2007 #3
    well of course if you double with EE, then you'll gain more practical knowledge, have more employment opportunites and probably be able to better to decide what to do in the future. But having 2 degrees will not improve your chances of getting into a good grad school, will probably take 5 instead of 4 or 3 years to graduate, and will be a waste of time if you dislike EE

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?