Position of Arms When Facing North

• Thread starter darksoda
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Doubt
In summary, when someone is in front of you, their arms may appear to be in a different position because of the way a mirror reflects images. Our brains interpret this as an exchange of left and right. The video mentioned in the conversation explains this concept. The image in the mirror may appear to be facing north, but it is actually facing south.
darksoda
Hey folks i have a silly doubt ^^ why when someone is in front of you is like this person position of the arms are diferent i mean if someone is in front of you the person arm is left and your is right and where this person right arm is your left arm, and both are directed north ?? thanks for future answer.

Physics news on Phys.org
thanks for the answer, ^^ so is live reverse front and back but the image in the mirrow is pointed to north who is your south right ??

Wait ... what?

sorry folks i guess this post was wrong again xD when i saw my image in morrow my left hand will be the left hand of the mirrow right ??

Last edited:
i wrote mirror wrong up there but i can't edit :/

1. What is the proper position of arms when facing north?

The proper position of arms when facing north is to have your arms stretched out to the sides, parallel to the ground, with your palms facing down.

2. Why is it important to have a specific arm position when facing north?

Having a specific arm position when facing north is important because it helps to establish a reference point for determining direction. This is especially useful in navigation and orienteering.

3. Can the position of arms change depending on the location?

Yes, the position of arms can change depending on the location. For example, in some cultures, the proper position when facing north may be to raise one arm straight up towards the sky while the other arm is extended out to the side.

4. Is there a historical significance to the position of arms when facing north?

Yes, there is a historical significance to the position of arms when facing north. In ancient civilizations, the position of arms was used as a way to pay respect to the gods and to align oneself with the natural elements.

5. How does the position of arms when facing north relate to magnetic north?

The position of arms when facing north is often used to determine magnetic north. By extending your arms out to the sides, you can use the direction of your palms to point towards magnetic north, which is the direction that a compass needle would point in.