Doubts on SMPS

• Thread starter rama1001
  • Start date
Hi,
I am doing an application regarding SMPS. In the project i encounter the terms "Burst duty, burst frequency, Timing/phase shift and timing/ dead time".

Can anyone explaine me about those parameters and how they are important in SMPS working.

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Hi,
I am doing an application regarding SMPS. In the project i encounter the terms "Burst duty, burst frequency, Timing/phase shift and timing/ dead time".

Can anyone explaine me about those parameters and how they are important in SMPS working.

What textbook are you using for your studying of SMPS?

EDIT -- Even though this is a project, and possibly qualifies to be posted here in EE instead of the Homework Help forums, we will not do your project for you. You need to learn how to figure these things out on your own, without asking for the answers on a web forum.

If you can post the reasearch you've done, and show what is confusing you, we can try to clear up any confusions you have. But please don't ask us to give you the answers to questions on your project that you can figure out on your own with a little reading.

What textbook are you using for your studying of SMPS?

This is just making GUI for digital control. In building that, I saw these parameters and i need to get commands for those specified parameters. That is the reason, i want make my self clear about those parameters. I am not reading any textbook now and even i searched web for information. At last no clear answer for those parameters.

berkeman
Mentor
This is just making GUI for digital control. In building that, I saw these parameters and i need to get commands for those specified parameters. That is the reason, i want make my self clear about those parameters. I am not reading any textbook now and even i searched web for information. At last no clear answer for those parameters.

The wikipedia intro article is pretty good:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switching_power_supply

And the External Links at the bottom of the article will get you to articles that describe most of the terms you are asking about. Please try reading through those first...