Where Can I Download an Equation Editor for MS Word?

• Thread starter KLscilevothma
  • Start date
In summary, the person is looking for a way to type math equations in MS Word but cannot find the equation editor and has lost their MS Office CD-ROM. They are in need of a solution as they have an upcoming math test for a job interview and only have a few hours left. They have tried searching online but have had no luck and are seeking help. A possible solution is to use LaTeX equations and copy them into their Word document.
KLscilevothma
download MS equation editor (urgent)

Hi, I can't find the equation editor in MS word menu bar --- > insert ----> object and I lost my MS office CD-ROM, so I can't type maths equations using MS word. Does anyone know where I can download MS equation editor or what other softwares which are downloadable from the internet that can be used to type maths equations?

I need to make a maths test paper for a job interview tomorrow and I only have around 3 hours left even if I stay up whole night (it's around 3am here). :yuck: I tried to google "type math equations" and other key words but I have had no luck. Please help! :grumpy:

Thanks in advance.

Computer science news on Phys.org
KLscilevothma said:
Hi, I can't find the equation editor in MS word menu bar --- > insert ----> object and I lost my MS office CD-ROM, so I can't type maths equations using MS word. Does anyone know where I can download MS equation editor or what other softwares which are downloadable from the internet that can be used to type maths equations?

I need to make a maths test paper for a job interview tomorrow and I only have around 3 hours left even if I stay up whole night (it's around 3am here). :yuck: I tried to google "type math equations" and other key words but I have had no luck. Please help! :grumpy:

Thanks in advance.
You can copy LaTeX equations made here into your own word documents. Make a post full of the equations you want, click "Preview Post" and select, copy, and paste the equations. If the equations seem messed up, refresh the browser. See this .pdf file on how to use LaTeX.

Hello, I understand your urgency to find a solution for your equation editing needs. One option you can try is to download the Microsoft Office suite from the official Microsoft website. This should include the equation editor within the Word program. Alternatively, you can also try downloading a free equation editor software such as MathType or LaTeX which are available for download online. I hope this helps and good luck with your job interview tomorrow!

What is MS equation editor?

MS equation editor is a software program developed by Microsoft that allows users to create and edit mathematical equations and expressions in documents.

Is MS equation editor free to download?

Yes, MS equation editor is free to download and use. It is included in the Microsoft Office suite of programs.

Can MS equation editor be used on any operating system?

No, MS equation editor is only available for Windows operating systems. It is not compatible with Mac or Linux.

How can I download MS equation editor?

To download MS equation editor, you can either purchase and install Microsoft Office, or you can download it separately from the Microsoft website or other reputable software download sites.

Are there any alternatives to MS equation editor?

Yes, there are several alternative equation editors available, such as MathType, LaTeX, and LibreOffice Math. However, MS equation editor is the most widely used and easily accessible option for Windows users.