Downloading astrophysics book.

In summary, the conversation revolves around downloading books from a specific website. It is stated that the books cannot be downloaded from the site and are only available as online resources. The option of buying or illegally downloading the books is mentioned but dismissed as not being a possibility. The reasoning behind this is that the author should be compensated for their work.
Physics news on Phys.org
You can't. It's "the Companion Website".

On this site, you will find online resources for all three texts including weblinks, data sets, sources codes, and images from the book.

How can I download those books then?

Stratosphere said:
You can buy them, scan them, make them available somewhere, and download them, but that's illegal.

Stratosphere said:
You don't.

Presumably, one wishes to be paid/compensated for one's work.

1. What is astrophysics?

Astrophysics is a branch of physics that deals with the study of the physical properties and processes of objects and phenomena in the universe, including planets, stars, galaxies, and black holes.

2. What are some popular astrophysics books?

Some popular astrophysics books include "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking, "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan, and "Astrophysics for People in a Hurry" by Neil deGrasse Tyson.

3. Can I download an astrophysics book for free?

It depends on the book. Some astrophysics books may be available for free download from websites such as Project Gutenberg or Open Library. However, many books may require purchase or a subscription to access.

4. What topics are typically covered in an astrophysics book?

Astrophysics books may cover a wide range of topics, including cosmology, planetary science, stellar evolution, black holes, and the origins of the universe.

5. Are there any recommended websites for downloading astrophysics books?

Some recommended websites for downloading astrophysics books include arXiv, NASA's Astrophysics Data System, and the European Space Agency's Science Hub. These websites offer a wide selection of free, peer-reviewed astrophysics literature.