Forums Down Tues 6-7pm Central: Reorganizing

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the forums are temporarily shut down on Tuesdays from 6-7pm Central time for reorganizing and improvements. This is a regular maintenance schedule to ensure efficiency and user-friendliness. During this time, the forums will be completely inaccessible. The reorganizing process typically takes about an hour, but may take longer in certain circumstances. Your forum posts and data will not be affected by this process.
The forums will be down for about an hour tuesday night around 6-7pm central time. We are implementing a huge reorganization of forums.

Physics news on Phys.org
wow! nice.

WOW!

I was here this morning, (Aus time), and now I'm back and the whole site has been rearranged, nice work Greg, I take it you actually planned this for a while, and didn't just manage to re-aarange an entire site in a day? Not that that is any less of an achievement.

I see you weren't exaggerating when you said "huge reorganisation"...

What is the reason for the forums being down on Tuesdays from 6-7pm Central time?

The forums are being temporarily shut down during this time in order to reorganize and make improvements to the forum structure and functionality.

How often will the forums be down for reorganizing?

The forums will only be down for reorganizing on Tuesdays from 6-7pm Central time. This is a regular maintenance schedule to ensure that the forum remains efficient and user-friendly.

Will I still be able to access the forums during the reorganizing period?

No, the forums will be completely shut down during the reorganizing period. This allows our team to make the necessary changes without any interruptions or errors.

How long will the reorganizing process take?

The reorganizing process typically takes about an hour, from 6-7pm Central time on Tuesdays. However, it may take longer if there are unexpected issues or if there are major changes being implemented.

Will my forum posts and data be affected by the reorganizing?

No, your forum posts and data will not be affected by the reorganizing process. All content will remain intact and accessible once the forums are back up and running.