Dr. Kaku mean by god of order?

• Thread starter anand
  • Start date
Einstein no more created a Philosophy used as a religion, virtually anyone else in the world. To discuss this thread, one needs to understand Sponoza.

To discuss Spinoza, or Einstein, the best way to do it, it not via a reference book, but either spend a very long time
in reading Spinoza's manuscripts and checking your understanding of it, with scholors, or as I said, simply visit a few Pantheist Sites and understand what Pantheism is about.

It would be rather silly of me to pretend I knew anything about Christianity if I never read any part of the Bible, nor taken any class in it, nor ever read any works by Christians.

I'm sorry, that is exactly what you are doing.

I won't debate Pantheism, nor Spinoza, nor Einstein's beliefs without the person I'm debating having even taken the time to do what is necessary to discuss the subject intelligently. It is entirely pointless, and I have absolutely no need to convince anyone of anything.

My contribution in any thread is always to attempt to educate, not speak from a position of ignorance, nor project a position of understanding a subject, without having ever studied the subject. I'm sorry but, the misinformation you're posting is doing a disservice to all that read this thread, and I won't contribute to that.

PM me, should you ever actually have finished studying
the subject beyond a typical Encyclopedic reference, which has in fact misinformed all its readers.

As I said previously. I found the same thing, and was subject to the same mistaken understanding of Pantheism, Spinoza, and in doing so, in what Einstein actually meant, until I actually took the time to really learn something about the subject, from Pantheists, themselves.

Your refusal is not unusual. I typically find the same thing in virtually any Forum in which Pantheism is discussed.
Although unfortunate, truth often is. Personally, I believe that is the reason for such wide-spread refusal.

As someone said earlier, what I am posting will not "sit well" with other people. Leaving behind ignorance is always unsettling when it is a subject of personal value to anyone. However, no matter what the subject is, one must always be willing to become educated about it, and willing to learn about it, before one can discuss it intelligently.

Garth, I opt out of further discussion with you, within this thread, or any thread concerning the subjects touch on here. One must always be willing to do so, when faced with another, in circumstances as I've just described.

BTW. The title Ph. D. is not to be confused with educated on all subjects. I've worked with Ph.D.'s within my own field, and while very knowledgable within what the have studied, which is within my field, they are as ignorant as
a pupil that has no knowledge, within numberous other areas of the field, such as in which I have worked. I have had to teach them.

Religion is a vast area. There are over 200 religions. To even suspect anyone including a Professor of Religion is an authority on more than a few religions is foolish.

Pantheism is different than all other religions, in that it reedefines English in ways the no non-Pantheist will understand without having learned about it from a Modern Pantheist. That and assumption are the primary reasons for the vast amount of misunderstanding and difficulty in understanding Pantheism, and what Pantheists are talking about.

Regards, -T2

selfAdjoint
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Pantheism is different than all other religions, in that it reedefines English in ways the no non-Pantheist will understand without having learned about it from a Modern Pantheist. That and assumption are the primary reasons for the vast amount of misunderstanding and difficulty in understanding Pantheism, and what Pantheists are talking about.
This thread is getting into religion, so let's just drop the whole issue of pantheism.

Garth
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Quite right, however I still would like the reference to substantiate what, otherwise, would seem to be a serious allegation
Garth said:
First, Pantheists, such as Einstein, WANT to be be misunderstood!
I would be interested in a reference to Einstein own words to back up this assertion.
Garth