Dr. Kaku's forum

  • Thread starter Sunfist
  • Start date

Sunfist

Welcome to all of you that are coming back to Dr. Kaku's forums. Also, a hearty welcome to anyone that might be new. We're glad to have you all!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Zero

It is great to be here!!
 
17,577
7,228
Welcome indeed! The transfer phase is still occuring so you may see a few more significant changes within the next few days, but we though it would be fun to open the forum up.
 
Hello and Welcome

I am sure that I speak for all, we are pleased with your new association with Physics Forums. I have a GUT feeling it will be good for all.

Sorry I could'nt resist, anyway Welcome Dr. Kaku!
 
I think you for a job well done! :wink:

I'm very excited about this improvement.

Again I thank you,

Astrophysics
 
Last edited:

FZ+

1,550
2
Hmm... looking good..

Indeed, Greg, is there any chance of taking the forum layout of Mkaku as an optional page style for PF?

Also, I'm getting the feeling that mkaku.org forums may have too many subforums - this may dilute the forum down a little too much. Stuff like nuclear arms for example do well to be diverted to Other Sciences/Politics.
 
17,577
7,228
Indeed, Greg, is there any chance of taking the forum layout of Mkaku as an optional page style for PF?
PF does not own the skin, so no :), but once the new version of this software comes out I will spend time on making more skins.

Also, I'm getting the feeling that mkaku.org forums may have too many subforums - this may dilute the forum down a little too much. Stuff like nuclear arms for example do well to be diverted to Other Sciences/Politics.
We are trying our best to reduce forum conflictions.
 
9
0
Wow, I knew the administrators at Mkaku.org had something big planned....but this is GREAT!!

A partnership with Physics Forums -- this is a great idea. Now we have an even larger community and that means more great minds!


If this surprise turned out this well....I can't wait to see what you all think of next!

Anyways, I'm glad the mkaku.org community is still alive, and I am happy to be apart of this wonderful change.
 

Esoteric

<-----Autistic Savant, aahhh yes, finally.
 
I've been gone too long, I guess, because now I'm really lost.
What is the other board we've merged with?

DH
 
3,754
2
Originally posted by Reddhawk
Wow, I knew the administrators at Mkaku.org had something big planned....but this is GREAT!!

A partnership with Physics Forums -- this is a great idea. Now we have an even larger community and that means more great minds!


If this surprise turned out this well....I can't wait to see what you all think of next!

Anyways, I'm glad the mkaku.org community is still alive, and I am happy to be apart of this wonderful change.
Welcome to the PhysicsForums super-community, Reddhawk .

I too really approve of the change, as I had intended (for some time) to join the mkaku forums, but knew I didn't have time to work with two forums, so this merging is a welcome change.
 
3,754
2
Originally posted by Dave's Haarp
I've been gone too long, I guess, because now I'm really lost.
What is the other board we've merged with?

DH
Who were you with originally? Mkaku Forums are a part of Mkaku.org which is dedicated to the work of Michio Kaku. PhysicsForums.com is a Science and Philosophy Forum started by Greg Bernhardt (a name that I'm sure will be famous someday :smile:). Mkaku Forums has not become a subforum of PhysicsForums.
 

drag

Science Advisor
1,055
0
Originally posted by Mentat
PhysicsForums.com is a Science and Philosophy Forum started by Greg Bernhardt (a name that I'm sure will be famous someday :smile:).
He's already famous ! :smile:
 
Originally posted by Mentat
Who were you with originally? Mkaku Forums are a part of Mkaku.org which is dedicated to the work of Michio Kaku. PhysicsForums.com is a Science and Philosophy Forum started by Greg Bernhardt (a name that I'm sure will be famous someday :smile:). Mkaku Forums has not become a subforum of PhysicsForums.
I was here originally.
If I stay off of MKAKU for any length of time, I can always count on everything having been changed (I.E. having to re-register) when I return.

I don't recall you from the old board... are you new?

Yes, I now see that both boards are independent of one another and it's just that they are simply linked to each other. The navigation disorientation has subsided.
 
I am back!!

I hope some of you remember me from the old forums
 
6
0
hi. noob here. looking forward to getting to know everyone :smile:
 

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
6,764
5
Welcome to the forums, finhead. Hope you have a good time here.
 
3,754
2
Originally posted by Dave's Haarp
I don't recall you from the old board... are you new?
You mean you don't remember me from PF1? I was mostly an observer then. I only really started posting (and adopted the "Mentat" username) around the beginning of PF2, and only got really serious about PFs close to the end of PF2.

Yes, I now see that both boards are independent of one another and it's just that they are simply linked to each other. The navigation disorientation has subsided.
That's good. I should clarify, though, that I meant to say that Mkaku.org was now a sub-forum of PFs, but it appears I accidentally typed "not" instead of "now".

Oh well, hopefully you've got it now anyway (in spite of my influence) :wink:.
 
Hawking's movie in 2004

I went here www.psyclops.com/hawking/news/[/url], where I read that Dr. Hawking will have a movie out next year. This says that the film [PLAIN]www.universepartners.net/about_film.html [Broken] will appear on IMAX screens.
I bet I'm not the only one looking forward to it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Related Threads for: Dr. Kaku's forum

  • Last Post
Replies
1
Views
13K
  • Last Post
Replies
1
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
15
Views
5K
  • Last Post
Replies
3
Views
2K
  • Last Post
3
Replies
52
Views
8K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
26
Views
7K
Replies
1
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
4
Views
2K

Recent Insights

Top