Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dr. Kaku's forum

1. Aug 28, 2003 #1
    Welcome to all of you that are coming back to Dr. Kaku's forums. Also, a hearty welcome to anyone that might be new. We're glad to have you all!
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 29, 2003 #2
    It is great to be here!!
  4. Sep 2, 2003 #3
    Welcome indeed! The transfer phase is still occuring so you may see a few more significant changes within the next few days, but we though it would be fun to open the forum up.
  5. Sep 3, 2003 #4
    Hello and Welcome

I am sure that I speak for all, we are pleased with your new association with Physics Forums. I have a GUT feeling it will be good for all.

Sorry I could'nt resist, anyway Welcome Dr. Kaku!
  6. Sep 3, 2003 #5
    I think you for a job well done! :wink:

I'm very excited about this improvement.

Again I thank you,

Last edited: Sep 3, 2003
  7. Sep 3, 2003 #6

Hmm... looking good..

Indeed, Greg, is there any chance of taking the forum layout of Mkaku as an optional page style for PF?

Also, I'm getting the feeling that mkaku.org forums may have too many subforums - this may dilute the forum down a little too much. Stuff like nuclear arms for example do well to be diverted to Other Sciences/Politics.
  8. Sep 3, 2003 #7
    PF does not own the skin, so no :), but once the new version of this software comes out I will spend time on making more skins.

We are trying our best to reduce forum conflictions.
  9. Sep 5, 2003 #8
    Wow, I knew the administrators at Mkaku.org had something big planned....but this is GREAT!!

A partnership with Physics Forums -- this is a great idea. Now we have an even larger community and that means more great minds!

If this surprise turned out this well....I can't wait to see what you all think of next!

Anyways, I'm glad the mkaku.org community is still alive, and I am happy to be apart of this wonderful change.
  10. Sep 6, 2003 #9
    <-----Autistic Savant, aahhh yes, finally.
  11. Sep 18, 2003 #10
    I've been gone too long, I guess, because now I'm really lost.
    What is the other board we've merged with?

12. Sep 22, 2003 #11
    Welcome to the PhysicsForums super-community, Reddhawk .

I too really approve of the change, as I had intended (for some time) to join the mkaku forums, but knew I didn't have time to work with two forums, so this merging is a welcome change.
  13. Sep 22, 2003 #12
    Who were you with originally? Mkaku Forums are a part of Mkaku.org which is dedicated to the work of Michio Kaku. PhysicsForums.com is a Science and Philosophy Forum started by Greg Bernhardt (a name that I'm sure will be famous someday :smile:). Mkaku Forums has not become a subforum of PhysicsForums.
  14. Sep 28, 2003 #13

Science Advisor

He's already famous ! :smile:
  15. Oct 5, 2003 #14
    I was here originally.
    If I stay off of MKAKU for any length of time, I can always count on everything having been changed (I.E. having to re-register) when I return.

I don't recall you from the old board... are you new?

Yes, I now see that both boards are independent of one another and it's just that they are simply linked to each other. The navigation disorientation has subsided.
  16. Oct 29, 2003 #15
    I am back!!

I hope some of you remember me from the old forums
  17. Oct 31, 2003 #16
    hi. noob here. looking forward to getting to know everyone :smile:
  18. Oct 31, 2003 #17

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Welcome to the forums, finhead. Hope you have a good time here.
  19. Nov 4, 2003 #18
    You mean you don't remember me from PF1? I was mostly an observer then. I only really started posting (and adopted the "Mentat" username) around the beginning of PF2, and only got really serious about PFs close to the end of PF2.

That's good. I should clarify, though, that I meant to say that Mkaku.org was now a sub-forum of PFs, but it appears I accidentally typed "not" instead of "now".

Oh well, hopefully you've got it now anyway (in spite of my influence) :wink:.
  20. Dec 26, 2003 #19
  21. Dec 26, 2003 #20
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?