Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dr Roger Lier, alleged Alien Implants

1. Oct 10, 2007 #1
    Dr Roger Lier, a qualified surgeon, claims to have removed a total of 11 implants from aliens. He has sent them off to "one of the most abvanced labs in the world" and the people who did the tests were stumped by it.

I saw this clip of him which, i think, is going to be aired soon in an episode on the discovery channel,
    the electron microscope images do look organized on a very small scale.

Has he been discredited?
    Theres alot of stuff about him on certain UFO sites, its just hard so separate the garbage from the facts.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2007 #2
    There was a thread about him here before. I think we all came to the conclusion he's completely genuine and the implants are solid proof of alien visitation to our planet. However, don't go to him to have your implant removed. I'll do it for you much cheaper and faster than him, and encase the implant in acrylic plastic attached to a chain so you can hang it round your neck to show disbelievers. Let's say $499.00 for the complete package.

4. Oct 10, 2007 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

RA, please ignore the big hairy man behind the curtain.

5. Oct 10, 2007 #4

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Looks to me like a mediocre 10 year old hoax that never gained any traction. He seems to be putting a lot more effort into it recently and maybe he'll end up making some money this time. Spiffy website. Googling for more, I found this preliminary report with some "mind boggling" findings. Subscribe now to get a copy of the final report when it comes out. Since this is dated March of 1996, I'm hoping the final report will be out shortly. :rolleyes:

http://www.v-j-enterprises.com/iscni24.html

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  6. Oct 10, 2007 #5

Curious3141

Homework Helper

Unfortunate name, though. Maybe his parents knew something. :biggrin:

7. Oct 10, 2007 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've seen a number of his "implants" analysed, and the results that I have seen were uninteresting and easily explained.

The media has been following this guy for years.

8. Oct 11, 2007 #7

russ_watters

Or perhaps this guy has been following the media for years...

9. Oct 11, 2007 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Perhaps true. Of course he is somewhat unique in that he is a medical doctor claiming to have physical evidence of abductions; as opposed to an average person with nothing but a story. So I guess it's not really surprising that he gets air time.

10. Oct 11, 2007 #9
    I'd like to hear Friedmans take on him, he's one of the few you can trust in this field.

When i see Dr Lier associating with the likes of Jordan Maxwell and Steven greer it doesn't add to his credibility.

11. Oct 11, 2007 #10

russ_watters

The thing is, RA, this claim is spectacularly easy to verify if he were so inclined. He has looked at these objects under electron microscopes - either he found circuitry or he didn't. I'm guessing no...

12. Oct 11, 2007 #11

Evo

A podiatrist turned Alien Implant remover?

13. Oct 11, 2007 #12
    The most pedestrian of doctors, yes.

14. Oct 11, 2007 #13

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Mulder would be ashamed of you. Trust no one. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?