Dr. Who New Episode coming soon

• Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
In summary, the BBC is investigating the leak of an episode from the new series of Dr Who. The first episode is named Rose after Billie Piper's character and has been seen by fans ahead of the launch of the sci-fi series on BBC1 this month. Christopher Eccleston stars as the Time Lord.
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2023 Award
BBC probe new Dr Who episode leak (on Yahoo)

The BBC is investigating the leak on the internet of an episode from the new series of Dr Who.

Starring Christopher Eccleston as the Time Lord and Billie Piper as his assistant, the episode has been seen by fans ahead of the launch of the sci-fi series on BBC1 this month.

The 45-minute instalment from the multi-million pound revival, the first new Dr Who series in 15 years, is named Rose, after Piper's character.

The BBC said the leak was "a significant breach of copyright which is currently under investigation".

A spokeswoman said: "The source of it appears to be connected to our co-production partner.

"We would urge viewers not to spoil their enjoyment and to wait for the finished version which airs at the end of the month."

The leak appears to be that of the first episode, but it is not clear whether it is the final cut.

It begins with the Doctor and Rose being chased by Autons, shop mannequins that have come to life, according to the BBC's entertainment website.

On Monday Russell T Davies, the writer and executive producer, said Eccleston approached him about playing the Doctor.

Davies told the Radio Times: "He emailed me and said if we were looking for a Doctor Who he'd be interested. The first couple of episodes were written before Chris was cast so I'd established a template for what I wanted, which fitted Chris perfectly."

New Episode coming soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

Physics news on Phys.org
Ya HOO! But Tom Baker will be hard to top!

Yah... TB's got the hair...

Now that news made my day! The music has started to run through my head already!

Tom Baker is definitely No. 1.

I definitely would like to meet Mary Tamm (Romana).

I feel so young...i don't know who any of those people are, muchless Dr Who.

When i saw the thread title i was thinking of Dr No, the first James Bond movie.

I know of Dr who only because my uncles were into it. I watched it a few times when I was a kid but at the time it wasn't as exciting as the more popular shows such as star trek, etc(no I'm not a trekkie). Maybe I'll check out the new series.

I'm sorry, I can't believe nobody's picked up on this yet.

BILLIE PIPER?

What the Fegg? First an irksome mouthy teenybopper, then the spouse of an irksome ginger twat, now the assistant to an eccentric time-travelling buttery current cake? What next?!

Oh sorry, Eccleston, I thought it said 'Eccles Cake'.

Will the music be the same of the anterior epoch? I have 9 or ten different remixes of the main theme, I'm not lying

My personal favourite is the version made by the group Orbital

Integral said:
Ya HOO! But Tom Baker will be hard to top!

Hey! I didn't know you are a Who fan.

We had a dog named Dr. Who.

Ivan Seeking said:
Hey! I didn't know you are a Who fan.

We had a dog named Dr. Who.
I recall hearing about your dog. I noted the name, but never mentioned my history with the show. Knowing you, I was not a bit surprised that you were a fan!

Since I first watched Tom Baker I was a bit spoiled, I have never really appreciated anyone else in the role. Though I have watches some of the older ones (The old guy with straight white hair, and then TB's successor.

Integral said:
I was not a bit surprised that you were a fan!

Watching Dr. Who was pretty much considered a homework assignment by my 2nd year physics professor.

Since I first watched Tom Baker I was a bit spoiled, I have never really appreciated anyone else in the role.

Same here.

we get sat TV that has a BBC channel
does anyone know when they will show DR WHO??

15 days! just enough time to make Tardis Turkey and Dalek doughnuts!

Well what did everyone think?

Crud! I was thinking that I had more time. Darn darn darn darn darn darn.

What did you think? When will it be on again?

hypatia said:
Well what did everyone think?
It was a good excuse for not jumping all over that straight line you gave me in the other thread. Seriously, I liked it. My mother watched the original (when she was in her 60's & 70's, but I didn't get into it. Seemed kind of cheesy at the time. She watched tonight's with me and, except for the occassional nap, seemed to enjoy it. (She's 92 and you couldn't kill her with a stick, but she falls asleep all the time.) Something bothered me about that puddle of plastic, but I can't quite figure out what it was. On the whole, I think I'll probably be a regular viewer.
When I worked at the bar, we had a Dr. Who pinball machine. I spent almost as much time fixing it as I did playing it. :grumpy:

I liked it too. Rose is going to be a fun addition {lol@ will breast implants come to life}

I liked it, though I missed the second episode. :grumpy:

hypatia said:
I{lol@ will breast implants come to life}
Infinitely preferable to the Alien version of a chest-burster... :biggrin:

we get sat TV that has a BBC channel
does anyone know when they will show DR WHO??

Sorry Ray, there are a number of BBC channels (as there are Fox, etc), so it will not necessarily air on the particular one you have.

Unfortunately, the current series of Dr Who does not appear to have been picked up by a broadcaster in the US.

Currently it is only airing in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada. If perhaps you pick up CBC Television (Canada), or the one BBC channel you do have is BBC1 (UK) , than you can expect to catch the DOCTOR on your screen on CBC Television (Canada) 8pm Tuesdays, and BBC1 (UK) 7pm Saturdays.

The Doctor will also be appearing on the ABC (Australia), 7:30pm Saturdays
beginning May 21, 2005, and PrimeTV (New Zealand), Autumn 2005.

If you don't pick up any of these channels, I'm sure you will be able to get the DVDs at some stage. Hopefully a US broadcaster will pick up the series though.

1. When will the new episode of "Dr. Who" air?

The new episode of "Dr. Who" is set to air on [insert date] at [insert time] on [insert network/channel].

2. Who is set to star in the new episode of "Dr. Who"?

The new episode of "Dr. Who" will feature [insert actors/actresses names] as the main characters, along with [insert additional cast members].

3. What is the plot of the new episode of "Dr. Who"?

The plot of the new episode of "Dr. Who" is still under wraps, but it is rumored to involve [insert plot points/speculation].

4. Will there be any returning characters in the new episode of "Dr. Who"?

Yes, there will be some returning characters in the new episode of "Dr. Who" including [insert character names].

5. Will the new episode of "Dr. Who" tie into previous episodes/seasons?

It is possible that the new episode of "Dr. Who" will reference or tie into previous episodes or seasons, as the show often incorporates elements of its own history into new episodes. However, this has not been confirmed by the producers.