Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Draw diagrams in jaxo draw

1. Mar 23, 2012 #1
    Dear PF,
    I am trying to draw some diagrams in jaxo draw, but I dont know how to assign Greek index whenever necessary, can you please advise me step by step... as i understand it is related to some "postscript" issues that i dont know how to set up ... would you be so kind and drop me a couple of lines...

thank you...

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 24, 2012 #2

Hepth

Gold Member

I use Jaxo occasionally. For greek indices you need to use the TeX boxes. ("Draw a LaTeX text").

Then you place it (Youll probably have to rearrange it as it draws the text off a little).

Then in the box you type what you want, greek indices are done as in LaTeX such as:

- i e Q_{\ell} \gamma^{\mu}

for [itex]
    - i e Q \gamma^{\mu} [/itex]

Now that we have that you have to decide how you want it to display. For papers, I tried to do it as a (Export) LaTex-> EPS . This draws the tex into the eps rather than a seperate LaTeX file.

One you have the .eps you can put it in your paper/etc.

If you need a viewer/etc get one here http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/index.htm

Or is your problem more complicated?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook