1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Draw moment

1. Oct 28, 2016 #1
    • Thread moved from the technical forums, so no Homework Help Template is shown
    paint.png b.png Hello guys

I'm struggling a bit with drawing momen/[M_o], to this "frame". I will be using virtual Method.
    So, could you you have corrected me if it's wrong?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 28, 2016 #2

Krylov

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

This is not a forum on abstract visual arts.

I have no idea what the drawing is about.

4. Oct 28, 2016 #3

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hello Feeno, :welcome:

My first reaction was comparable to Krylov's. But that doesn't help you, so here are a few tips:
    Post in the homework forum and use the template there. It helps you explain what you are doing and helps us estimate how we can help you as good as possible.

You draw a triangluar frame (mass?) that rests on two supports and has a force P applied. And want to find an expression for what moment about what axis ?

5. Oct 28, 2016 #4

Krylov

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Usually I try to be less cynical, but this particular "diagram" reminded me of an expression about throwing a certain substance on the wall and hoping that some of it sticks. Please, if you ask a question, no matter which level, make an effort to ask it properly.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted