Drawing v-s graph from a-s one

In summary, the conversation discusses how to plot the v-s graph of a bus traveling along a straight road given its a-s graph. The suggested approach is to find the area under the a-s curve and integrate to find a formula for v with respect to time. The final velocity can be found using this formula, which can then be used to plot points on the v-s graph.
bigu01

Homework Statement

The a-s graph given below belongs to a bus traveling along a straight road.Given that the velocity of the bus is 10 m/s when s=0, plot the v-s graph of the bus.

Homework Equations

∫vdv=∫ads or 1/2(v2^2-v1^1)=(area under a-s curve.

The Attempt at a Solution

Finding the area of the graph I can find the final velocity, but I can not approach drawing the graphs as I do not know how to draw it from a-s graph.I thought to find the slope of the a with respect to s, then to integrate it to find a formula for v, but that should be with respect to time. Please can you direct me to find the correct solution?

Attachments

• dinamike.png
    dinamike.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 460
Physics news on Phys.org
Integrating what I've written above, I got 1/2(v2^2-(10)^2= 300 , and going further v2=square root of 700. I just have to find how does the curve or line of velocity changes with position.

bigu01 said:
Integrating what I've written above, I got 1/2(v2^2-(10)^2= 300 , and going further v2=square root of 700. I just have to find how does the curve or line of velocity changes with position.
You already have it and you just don't know it. You have v2 at the final distance. That will be one point on your v-s graph. Just don't integrate all the way out to the end. Integrate only up to specific values of s, and get the v values that go along with those s values. Make a table of the v's and the s's. Then plot up the points.

Chet

1. What is a "drawing v-s graph from a-s one"?

A "drawing v-s graph from a-s one" refers to the process of creating a visual representation of the relationship between velocity (v) and acceleration (a) for a given object or system. This graph is used to analyze the motion of the object or system and can provide valuable insights into its behavior.

2. How do you create a drawing v-s graph from a-s one?

To create a drawing v-s graph from a-s one, you will need to plot the velocity (v) on the y-axis and acceleration (a) on the x-axis. Then, you can plot points on the graph that correspond to the velocity and acceleration values for the object or system at different points in time. Finally, you can connect the points to create a line that represents the relationship between velocity and acceleration.

3. What information can be gathered from a drawing v-s graph from a-s one?

A drawing v-s graph from a-s one can provide information about the acceleration and velocity of an object or system at different points in time. It can also show the direction and magnitude of the acceleration, as well as any changes in velocity over time. Additionally, the shape of the graph can indicate whether the object or system is moving at a constant velocity, accelerating, decelerating, or at rest.

4. What are the key components of a drawing v-s graph from a-s one?

The key components of a drawing v-s graph from a-s one include the x-axis, which represents acceleration, the y-axis, which represents velocity, and the plotted points or line that shows the relationship between the two. Additionally, the scale of the graph and the units used for the axes are important components that should be clearly labeled.

5. How is a drawing v-s graph from a-s one used in science?

A drawing v-s graph from a-s one is commonly used in science to analyze the motion of objects and systems. It can be used to study the effects of different forces on an object, to determine the acceleration of an object, and to predict the future motion of an object. It is also a useful tool for identifying patterns and trends in the motion of objects and systems.