Dream and the next day a part of the dream actually happens?

• Thread starter gareth
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of dreaming about something and then experiencing it in real life the following day. This phenomenon is compared to deja-vu, but is described as more than just a feeling of familiarity. The speakers share their own experiences with this occurrence and speculate on the reasons behind it.
gareth
Do you ever have a dream and the next day a part of the dream actually happens?

Physics news on Phys.org

You mean something like deja-vu? Happens to me rather often. Don't know why, though.

well, it's more than deja-vu

When deja-vu happens, you have a feeling that something has happened before or you feel as if you were in the place before.

What I'm talking about is say, dreaming about a person you havn't seen in a long time, and then seeing them the next day out of the blue.

did that ever happen to you with any frequency?

I had something similar happen to me. I once dreamed of a celebration between a few family friends. Two days after one of those friends showed up at my place and invited me to a birthday party they were having the following week.

it seems to happen a lot to me for some reason, kind of takes some of the surprise out of life

tell me about it BEFORE it happens and i'll believe you.

hmm, so you're suggesting that I see something when I'm awake and for some reason my mind sees a familiarity in it and I recall a dream that I didn't have.

interesting

yes, sometimes. at other times I think your dreams show people from your past and since you only know a finite number of people odds are you'll see one of them again eventually. You have millions of dreams that show people that you don't see the next day and you have a couple dreams where you do. Pretty poor track record, but you only remember the few that coincidentally seem relevant.

1. What causes dreams to sometimes come true the next day?

Dreams are a complex phenomenon that occur during the REM (rapid eye movement) stage of sleep. During this stage, the brain is highly active and can create vivid and realistic dream experiences. It is believed that dreams are a result of the brain processing information and emotions from the day. Therefore, when a part of a dream comes true the next day, it is likely due to a coincidence or the brain's ability to make connections between the dream and real life.

2. Is it possible to control which parts of a dream come true?

There is no scientific evidence to suggest that we have control over which parts of our dreams come true. Dreams are a product of our subconscious mind and are often influenced by our thoughts and experiences. While some people may claim to have control over their dreams through lucid dreaming techniques, this has not been scientifically proven.

3. Why do some people have more dreams that come true than others?

There is no scientific explanation for why some people may have more dreams that come true than others. It is likely that these experiences are simply coincidences and do not have any real predictive power. Additionally, some people may be more likely to remember their dreams and therefore may be more likely to notice when a part of their dream comes true the next day.

4. Can dreams predict the future?

There is no scientific evidence to support the idea that dreams can predict the future. While some people may have had experiences where a dream seemed to come true, it is important to remember that these are likely just coincidences. Dreams are a product of our subconscious mind and are not a reliable source for predicting future events.

5. What should I do if I have a dream that comes true?

If you have a dream that comes true the next day, it is important to not put too much significance on it. As mentioned before, dreams are a product of our subconscious mind and are not a reliable source for predicting the future. It is important to focus on living in the present and not to dwell on any coincidences that may occur between your dreams and real life.