Imaginary Engine: Dark Matter & Super Symmetry Needed

In summary, the University of Kansas quantum gravity theorist Louis Crane got a grant for a couple of million from the Foundational Questions Institute (a private outfit with Templeton money) in order to try and find out more about very little black holes which he says could be used as a source of energy to propel spaceships and do other useful things like that. I refuse to think about the singularity any more, it throws up to many paradoxes, if it/they are physical, then there could be no end to the complexity, of what should be a beautiful theory in the making.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
My dream engine, needs a dark matter governor to prevent it exceeding its designed rpm limit, unfortunately no one makes them yet.
It will produce dark energy as the motive power, but alas the formula for
its production, or its existence is not known.
It will, hypothetically, if it runs, produce gravitational radiation, as a by product, but as no one has identified it yet, it is not known if it will be damaging to the environment.
It also needs a supersymmetric generator, just to hold it all together, another yet to be designed component.
As my engine is imaginary, there is no way it will blow a gasket, so i hope
none of the possible buyers will :smile:

Last edited:
Space news on Phys.org
wolram said:
My dream engine, needs a dark matter governor to prevent it exceeding its designed rpm limit, unfortunately no one makes them yet.
It will produce dark energy as the motive power, but alas the formula for
its production, or its existence is not known.
It will, hypothetically, if it runs, produce gravitational radiation, as a by product, but as no one has identified it yet, it is not known if it will be damaging to the environment.
It also needs a supersymmetric generator, just to hold it all together, another yet to be designed component.
As my engine is imaginary, there is no way it will blow a gasket, so i hope
none of the possible buyers will :smile:

The University of Kansas quantum gravity theorist Louis Crane got a grant for a couple of million from the Foundational Questions Institute (a private outfit with Templeton money)

Can you guess what for?

I guess you know about black holes radiating. the smaller they are the hotter and the more they radiate. If you could make small enough black holes they would be glowing red hot, or even white hot.
Louis Crane has proposed to find out more about very little BH which he says could ultimately be used as a source of energy to propel spaceships and do other useful stuff like that:biggrin:

I wouldn't trade one Louis Crane for a million Brian Greenes.

marcus said:
The University of Kansas quantum gravity theorist Louis Crane got a grant for a couple of million from the Foundational Questions Institute (a private outfit with Templeton money)

Can you guess what for?

I guess you know about black holes radiating. the smaller they are the hotter and the more they radiate. If you could make small enough black holes they would be glowing red hot, or even white hot.
Louis Crane has proposed to find out more about very little BH which he says could ultimately be used as a source of energy to propel spaceships and do other useful stuff like that:biggrin:

I wouldn't trade one Louis Crane for a million Brian Greenes.

Marcus, i refuse to think about the singularity any more, it throws up to many
paradoxes, if it/they are physical, then there could be no end to the complexity, of what should be a beautiful theory in the making.

1. What is the "Imaginary Engine" in relation to dark matter and super symmetry?

The "Imaginary Engine" is a concept proposed by scientists to explain the properties and behavior of dark matter and super symmetry. It suggests that these two phenomena are interconnected and can be understood through a theoretical "engine" that combines mathematical principles and physical laws.

2. Why is dark matter important to the study of the universe?

Dark matter is important because it makes up about 85% of the total matter in the universe. Without it, the laws of gravity would not be able to explain the movement of galaxies and other large-scale structures. It also plays a crucial role in the formation and evolution of galaxies.

3. How does super symmetry relate to dark matter?

Super symmetry is a theoretical concept that suggests the existence of a partner particle for every known particle in the universe. This theory also predicts the existence of a stable, neutral particle that could potentially be a candidate for dark matter. Therefore, super symmetry is closely related to the study of dark matter.

4. What is the current understanding of dark matter and super symmetry?

While there is strong evidence for the existence of dark matter, its exact nature and properties are still not fully understood. Similarly, super symmetry has not been confirmed by experiments yet, but it is considered a promising theory that could potentially explain many mysteries of the universe. Further research and experiments are needed to fully understand these concepts.

5. How can the "Imaginary Engine" help us understand dark matter and super symmetry?

The "Imaginary Engine" is a theoretical framework that can help scientists make connections between dark matter and super symmetry, and potentially provide a deeper understanding of these phenomena. It can also guide future experiments and research to test and validate this concept, ultimately leading to a better understanding of the universe.