Is Suspended Animation the Key to Immortality?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the dream of being put in suspended animation after death, with the body being replaced with liquid neon in a stainless steel container. After being revived 500 years later, the dreamer finds themselves in a utopian society with perfect buildings, society, and nature. Crime and violence have been eliminated through genetics and selective child rearing, with population control being a key factor. The dreamer concludes that this world is not much different from our current one, but with a better environment and different politics.
Intuitive
I have had Dreams of being put in Suspended Animation after my future death, I was put in a Stainless Steel container containing 100% Liquid Neon, My body was removed of all its Blood and replaced with Liquid Neon and then encased in the container with Liquid Neon, I wake up some 500 years later only to be revived by my distant futures Medical Society.

Can anybody make out this Dream?:bugeye:

Physics news on Phys.org
Other than a wish for immortality, I can't suggest anything. But I'm curious what happens after you're revived.

Tojen said:
Other than a wish for immortality, I can't suggest anything. But I'm curious what happens after you're revived.

I awake in a Utopia enviroment, It's all Utopia experiences, near Perfect Buildings sort of of Sci Fi, near Perfect Society, near Perfect Wildlife and Nature, Crime and Violence has been breed out through Genetics, Children are not born through natural selection but only through prefect selection, only the choicest of children are birthed but Sex still functions as Sex just not for brearing Children, Population control was the culprit to Selective Child rearing, a protective political move made to pace the human races Population, all Children are born near perfect but not quit perfect, There is very little crime and very little need for police. Stuff like that, Actually a very nice place, not to much different than our world now except maybe a little better environment and different politics.:bugeye:

Last edited:
Yeah, immortality sucks. :smile:

1. What is suspended animation?

Suspended animation is a state in which metabolic processes are significantly slowed down or stopped in an organism, usually achieved through extreme cold temperatures or chemical agents. This state allows for preservation of the organism's physical and biochemical structure, and has potential applications in medical science.

2. How do dreams factor into suspended animation?

Dreams are essentially a product of the brain's activity during sleep. In suspended animation, the brain is in a state of reduced activity, which may result in a decrease or absence of dreams. However, some studies have shown that certain types of dreams can still occur during this state, especially during the transition in and out of suspended animation.

3. What are the potential benefits of using suspended animation in medical treatments?

Suspended animation has the potential to greatly enhance medical treatments by allowing doctors more time to perform surgeries or other procedures on critically ill patients. It can also be used in space travel to preserve astronauts' bodies during long journeys, and in cryopreservation to preserve organs for transplants.

4. Are there any risks associated with suspended animation?

While suspended animation has many potential benefits, there are also risks involved. The process itself can be dangerous and may result in tissue damage or other complications. Additionally, the long-term effects of suspended animation on the body are still not fully understood, and there is a risk of negative consequences once the body is revived.

5. Is suspended animation currently being used in medical treatments?

Suspended animation is still in the experimental stages and is not yet a widely used medical treatment. However, there have been successful cases of its use, such as in the preservation of transplanted organs. Research and development in this area is ongoing, and it may become a more common medical practice in the future.