Dreamweaver: Making Site Without Frames, HTML File in One Cell

• Thread starter sid_galt
  • Start date
In summary, Dreamweaver is a website development software that allows users to design and build websites without needing extensive coding knowledge. It offers flexibility in design and layout, compatibility with different devices and browsers, and the ability to use HTML. Beginners can also use Dreamweaver thanks to its user-friendly interface and helpful tools.
sid_galt
I am making a site without using frames, just using layout cells. How do I open an html file in only one layout cell? with the content in the other layout cells intact?

Computer science news on Phys.org
i Frame

you could use an iFrame : <iframe iframe name ="FRAMENAME" height="410px" width="531px" frameborder="0"src="PAGE NAME HERE.htm">

Works kinda like a layer
just use dreamweaver in code/design view to play about with the sizes.
then use the iframe as if it were a normal frame.
Chris

It worked. Thanks

What is Dreamweaver?

Dreamweaver is a website development software created by Adobe. It allows users to design and build websites without needing extensive knowledge of coding languages.

What is the benefit of making a site without frames?

Making a site without frames allows for more flexibility in the design and layout of the website. It also allows for easier navigation and better compatibility with different devices and browsers.

Can I still use HTML in Dreamweaver?

Yes, Dreamweaver still allows users to use HTML to create and customize their websites. It also has a built-in code editor for those who prefer to work with HTML directly.

How do I make an HTML file in one cell using Dreamweaver?

To make an HTML file in one cell, you can use the "Table" feature in Dreamweaver. Simply insert a table with one row and one column, and then insert your HTML content into that cell.

Is Dreamweaver suitable for beginners?

Yes, Dreamweaver is designed to be user-friendly and is suitable for beginners who have little to no knowledge of coding. It has a visual interface and offers helpful tools and templates to assist in website creation.