Why Does Temperature Affect Drift Velocity in the Drift Velocity Formula?

This concept may be difficult to understand, but it is an important principle in understanding electricity and circuits. In summary, the conversation discusses the relationship between temperature and current, as well as Ohm's Law, which states that the voltage across a resistor is directly proportional to the current passing through it. When the temperature increases, the current remains constant, and this can be seen through the formula I=nave. Additionally, the concept of Ohm's Law is explained, where the voltage, current, and resistance are all related.
hoyy1kolko
1.I would like to know why temperature is increase and the current kept constant

from the formulae I=nave
v=I/nae
=the value I,n,a,e are constant when the temperate increasing.
But why,i don really understand how to see though the equation.

2. and other question
v=IR
when when v increase,I will be increased and the drift velocity v will be increased because electron are accelerated by a strong electric filed.

I don understand the concept of this statement.I need help.Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
The equation v = IR is known as Ohm's Law. It states that the voltage (v) across a resistor (R) is directly proportional to the current (I) passing through it. When the voltage increases, the current also increases, as the resistance remains constant. This increase in current causes an increase in drift velocity, as the electrons are accelerated by the stronger electric field.

1. What is the formula for drift velocity?

The formula for drift velocity is v = (I/neA), where v is the drift velocity, I is the current, n is the number of charge carriers, e is the charge of the carriers, and A is the cross-sectional area of the conductor.

2. How is drift velocity related to current?

Drift velocity is directly proportional to the current. This means that as the current increases, the drift velocity also increases.

3. Can the drift velocity be negative?

Yes, the drift velocity can be negative. This occurs when the direction of the current is opposite to the direction of the electric field.

4. How does temperature affect drift velocity?

As temperature increases, the average speed of the charge carriers also increases. This results in an increase in drift velocity.

5. Is drift velocity the same as average velocity?

No, drift velocity is not the same as average velocity. Drift velocity refers to the average velocity of charge carriers in a specific direction, while average velocity refers to the overall average velocity of particles in a substance.