Drinking oil

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
wolram
Gold Member
For a moment, I wondered the same thing, or that it might be about benefits of drinking motor oil. :yuck:

Disclaimer: Do not drink motor oil or any other petroleum product, just in case someone is contemplating doing so.

I think wolram is suffering from overexposure to tribdog. :biggrin:
Here i am trying to expand gourmet knowledge and you have to trivialise it :tongue2:

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Here i am trying to expand gourmet knowledge and you have to trivialise it :tongue2:
Please refer to my previous post in which I recommend ways to enjoy olive oil.

My last post before this one is simply a precaution for those who may not distinguish between edible oils and non-edible oils.

When I worked in a refinery, we received tank cars with special designations which distinguished 'edible' from 'non-edible' products, e.g. 'EDIBLE TALLOW' as opposed to 'NON-EDIBLE TALLOW'.

Doc Al
Mentor
A nice dollop of extra virgin olive oil is an essential ingredient of my patent-pending super-power breakfast drink--which I have just about every work day. Yum!

Lisa!
Gold Member
I hate olives they are worse than fish eggs (caviar) or Indian pickles.
:bugeye:
You hate olive, yet you want to drink live oil? Well I think olives are way tastier than olive oil!:yuck:

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
A nice dollop of extra virgin olive oil is an essential ingredient of my patent-pending super-power breakfast drink--which I have just about every work day. Yum!
What about all the other days?

Doc Al
Mentor
What about all the other days?
:rofl: I use the term "work" loosely. Hey... I'm "working" now!

wolram
Gold Member

:grumpy: I was going to patent my flavoured olive oil drinks, hey folks you heard it from me first right, blinking gazumpers.

Pasta is squidgy horrible stuff, the nearest to that i will eat is Chineese noodles, pasta all ways reminds me of under cooked pastry.
You English people are crazy! ;-p

As far as flavours to try I am personally quite partial to rosemary. Rosemary and garlic (another food item that is supposed to have health benefits) may work maybe along with some other herbs. Astro's suggestion of making a garlic spread for toast sounds really good to me.

wolram
Gold Member
You English people are crazy! ;-p

As far as flavours to try I am personally quite partial to rosemary. Rosemary and garlic (another food item that is supposed to have health benefits) may work maybe along with some other herbs. Astro's suggestion of making a garlic spread for toast sounds really good to me.

Well the Virginians gave us tatters so we Brits thought we should eat them, and i must thank the ancient Virginals for the use of my tatters.

Last edited:
I know many people that will simply take a shot of olive oil just because they like the taste. I do it all the time too with olive oils infused w/ herbs.

I guess it really isn't that much different than people who drink tablespoons cod liver oil except for the fact that olive oil probably tastes 10x's better.

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
The fats are slightly different and the vitamins very different between fish and olive oil.
Not sure how much olive oil is actually good for you - as opposed to not as bad as other oils in cooking.