Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Drip disposal

1. Aug 16, 2007 #1
    i need some link or help or maybe some comments on different methods of drip disposal in a gas power cycle(rankine cycle).:confused::confused:quite honestly , i was sleeping:zzz::zzz: in the class, so i didnt get anything:shy::shy:.
    geez i dont even know what drip disposal is?? can anyone explain:uhh::uhh:
    i didnt find it in my textbook. i googled but didnt find anything, neither on wiki. i have to submitt an assignment by tomorrow:cry::cry::cry: help:shy::shy:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 16, 2007 #2
    anyone??

4. Aug 16, 2007 #3

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Expecting an answer within 2 hours because you didn't pay attention in class is probably not the best way to get help here!

Personally, I haven't a clue.

5. Aug 16, 2007 #4
    yea i know. and i am feeling guilty for that but what else can i do??
    but not that guilty, lecture was of 2 and a half hour. almost 90% of class was sleeping. aaargh..its not entirely my fault

6. Aug 16, 2007 #5

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I have never heard the term when used in this context.

7. Aug 16, 2007 #6
    I found this:
    http://www.taftan.com/thermodynamics/RANKINE.HTM
    So how do you get rid of the condensation? Don't you recycle it somehow?

8. Aug 17, 2007 #7
    hey thanks kach for the link, but it has nothing of drip disposal.
    anyways i got it now, i didnt sleep in the lecture today;))
    drip is the condensation of steam during the regeneration process. in closed type feed water heaters, bled steam condenses after giving off its energy to the feed water, that condensed steam is called drip. that is sent back to the main condenser.
    correct me if i am wrong somewhere

9. Aug 17, 2007 #8
    Makes sense to me, but I'm no engineer.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?