Drivers liceance

  • Thread starter LENIN
  • Start date
99
1

Main Question or Discussion Point

How long did it take you to get yours?

I got mine today after 9 months, 75 hours of driving, 3 attempts with 3 different instructors and 3 different tipes of cars. I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: .
 
Last edited:

Answers and Replies

Lisa!
Gold Member
601
90
Congratulations.
 
2,208
1
First time. :D
 
310
2
I havn't even tried to get mine yet.
 
217
0
LENIN said:
How long did it take you to get yours?

I got mine today after 9 months, 75 hours of driving, 3 attempts with 3 different instructors and 3 different tipes of cars. I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: .
What the heck????? No offense but I am sure glad I don't have to share the road with you....and just a tip, never try to drive in L.A., no need for senseless killing.
 
6,171
1,275
Watch your speed, especially around corners. Beginners always have their first accident, if the have one, taking corners too fast and skidding off the road, or into another car.

Drive slowly. Take corners slowly.
 
brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2,701
7
Passed second time, after about 20 lessons and 9 months.

I'm a believer that all new drivers have a "wake-up call" at some point, where something happens which makes them realise that they're not invincible.

I think mine was following my mate down a fast country road one night, and coming round a corner to see his car spinning in the air, before crunching onto the wrong side of the road, shiny side down. That was an interesting night!
 
111
1
Good Work Fella

I`m 27, I passed my driving licence in April this year! :uhh:

It put in for my test after 3 hours of lessons, my instructor thought i was a very good driver, but it still took me 3 attempt to pass my test, I was a little too confident in the first, a little to reserved in the second and come the third i just though sod it and passed.

zoobyshoe said:
Watch your speed, especially around corners. Beginners always have their first accident, if the have one, taking corners too fast and skidding off the road, or into another car.

Drive slowly. Take corners slowly..
I had my first accident on the motorway on the 4th July, I hit a motoway maintenance worker doing 70mph! :uhh:
 
217
0
zanazzi78 said:
I had my first accident on the motorway on the 4th July, I hit a motoway maintenance worker doing 70mph! :uhh:
:bugeye: Please give me fair warning before you come the US if you plan to do any kind of driving.....

I have been driving since I turned 14 and I have never had more than a minor fender bender.....I passed the written and practical test the first time every time for cars and motorcycles......

You people really scare me....
 
99
1
It's not really that bed :rofl:, the first 2 times I feilled becouse I had trubell parking and in Slovenia you have to drive 20 hours before you can atttempt another test soo it took very long. The part about the instructers is not that horibel eather I just had to change them becouse they went on wecation or got ill.
 
Last edited:
111
1
Townsend said:
:bugeye: Please give me fair warning before you come the US if you plan to do any kind of driving.....

I have been driving since I turned 14 and I have never had more than a minor fender bender.....I passed the written and practical test the first time every time for cars and motorcycles......

You people really scare me....
Hitting him wasn`t my fault, he ran across two lanes of the motorway with out looking, straight into my path, I braked swerved and just caught his ankle, he fliped a full 360 degrees in the air and rolled into the central res. In hind sight i should have hit and killed him and entered it as a Darwin Award :rofl:

And i too pased my theory first time and my bike test was a doddle, i just got unluck with my examiners when i came to try for a car licence!
 
217
0
LENIN said:
It's not really that bed :rofl:, the first 2 times I feilled becouse I had trubell parking and in Slovenia you have to drive 20 hours before you can atttempt another test soo it took very long. The part about the instructers is not that horibel eather I just had to change them becouse they went on wecation or got ill.
Well in that case we should get together sometime and do some drifting. :biggrin:
 
337
2
brewnog said:
I'm a believer that all new drivers have a "wake-up call" at some point, where something happens which makes them realise that they're not invincible.
Unfortunately some of these drivers never have this "wake-up call" even after 30 some years of driving. :uhh:. I have noticed reckless driving moreso in drivers of SUVs than anything else. Since the SUVs are higher up, they percieve to be driving slower than they really are, so they speed up, and in the process almost run into me a good few times.

Then again, I'm a slow driver, in a small economical 4 cylinder manual Honda, and I drive like my grandfather. I've figured that I don't need to be in a rush. The people who pass me always end up at a traffic light anyway, or stuck behind another car, and are in general around ~30 seconds faster. That is not enough for me to risk my life trying to get where I am going.
 
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,435
5
LENIN said:
How long did it take you to get yours?

I got mine today after 9 months, 75 hours of driving, 3 attempts with 3 different instructors and 3 different tipes of cars. I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: .
Please do not remind me my personal hell with this stuff. 7th september is my third try.
 
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
1,717
5
I got it no trouble my first time. However, when I went in a couple months ago to renew it for the second time, I was informed that I cannot renew my license as it had been suspended due to my not paying a traffic ticket. The ticket was for late registration, a fix-it ticket. And I did pay it. I distinctly remember, all the way in April of last year, going to the sheriff's station in Monterey Park (East LA), which I have never been to for any other purpose, getting a signed certificate from the officer on duty showing that I had gotten my car registered. I then proceeded immediately to the courthouse and paid my $10 court fee. What the hell am I supposed to do? It's not like I still have the receipt, considering that was a year and a half ago. Seeing as how I no longer have a car anyway, I say f*ck California. I don't want to drive here any more besides.
 
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,435
5
loseyourname said:
I got it no trouble my first time. However, when I went in a couple months ago to renew it for the second time, I was informed that I cannot renew my license as it had been suspended due to my not paying a traffic ticket. The ticket was for late registration, a fix-it ticket. And I did pay it. I distinctly remember, all the way in April of last year, going to the sheriff's station in Monterey Park (East LA), which I have never been to for any other purpose, getting a signed certificate from the officer on duty showing that I had gotten my car registered. I then proceeded immediately to the courthouse and paid my $10 court fee. What the hell am I supposed to do? It's not like I still have the receipt, considering that was a year and a half ago. Seeing as how I no longer have a car anyway, I say f*ck California. I don't want to drive here any more besides.
You seem you had the CA driver license. Do you mind explaining to me what did you have to do when taking both exams (theoretical and practice)? I would want to know the money you spent on it and the time taken until you got it. Also what kind of practical test did they make you?.

Thanks
 
I have neither my liscence, nor my permit, as I am exceptionally lazy about it. I quite frankly do not have any wish to drive until I actually need to. Which will be next year when my Dad graduates from our University and I no longer have a ride. :rofl:
 
Last edited:
239
1
Well I passed the written first try, and my driving test is next thursday :biggrin: 2 days before i turn 17. Hope they don't ruin my b-day :eek:
 

Related Threads for: Drivers liceance

  • Last Post
Replies
5
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
11
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
8
Views
6K
  • Last Post
Replies
3
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
19
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
15
Views
3K
  • Last Post
4
Replies
82
Views
8K
  • Last Post
Replies
20
Views
1K
Top