1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Driving 7-segment display in Multisim (11)

1. Oct 25, 2011 #1
    I've made a circuit which counts from 0 to 7 in BCD using three FLIPFLOPS, now I want to apply some logic to the outputs and drive a 7 segment display, but I'm having trouble implementing the circuit in Multisim to do that. I think it's something to do with the current being correct but I put an Ammeter in and it was all nonsense all over the show.

Please have a look and let me know what I need to do? The text box shows the state of various segments, the unmarked ones will have some logic applied to later.

Thanks!

EDIT: Got the display to start working by using a common cathode display instead, however I still get a weird moment after adding in the logic where the display segment flickers and the simulation time slows to a crawl whenever the logic output is being sent to the segment! I get the feeling it's being 'too realistic' for my purposes, is there a simple proper way to fix this (with a resistor or something) or otherwise a configuration change to make the whole program less sensitive to current over/underruns? Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted