Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Driving a Brushless DC motor

1. Oct 9, 2014 #1
    I have seen a link in this forum http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/22263A.pdf

that denotes an IC to control a brushless DC motor. How to connect it with a 555 timer? Can anyone help me with the entire circuit diagram? Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 14, 2014 #2
    Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Oct 15, 2014 #3
    There are numerous sources of info for creating a PWM signal from a 555 - Google " 555 PWM" -- since the best solution for your case can have many factors - it would be difficult to give a clear answer / guidance otherwise. If this is a very simple case - then the simplest 555 solution will work. -

5. Oct 21, 2014 #4
    Need more information on what you are doing. Why are you locked into a 555 timer? Have you considered a low cost MCU from Microchip. I grew up on 555's (came out in 1970's), but there are other options in 2014.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook