André Costa Wins Peugeot Design Contest with Moovie

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the Peugeot Moovie is an outrageous two-seater electric concept car that was built from André Costa's original concept. The car has a very high moment of inertia, which is probably good for smooth drivers, and is French. The door and the big wheels are my favorite features.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
...This year the third Peugeot Design Contest saw André Costa carry off the first prize for his outrageous two-seater electric concept car, the Moovie. With the Frankfurt Show just weeks away, Peugeot has now released images of the actual working model that was built from Costa’s original concept. It’s one concept worth examining, particularly now that the small electric-powered two-seater city car has gone from drawing board to reality.
http://www.gizmag.com/pictures/hero/4506_29080535525.jpg
http://www.gizmag.com/go/4506/

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The big wheels have a reason behind it, the bigger the wheel less turns it has to make to travel, less turns less energy expended.

But... the moment of inertia is also significantly higher... The rest seems to be up to the gears.. pfft

I think I'd rather have that business jet featured on there.
http://www.gizmag.com/pictures/hero/3887_09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
moose said:
"The big wheels have a reason behind it, the bigger the wheel less turns it has to make to travel, less turns less energy expended."
Yeah that caught my attention too. Still looking into that one to see if it makes any sense.

moose said:
"The big wheels have a reason behind it, the bigger the wheel less turns it has to make to travel, less turns less energy expended. "

But... the moment of inertia is also significantly higher...

:rofl:

Reminds me of a joke about an SUV that's so big, you'll never need to drive it; you walk in the driver's side door, and walk out the passenger side at your destination many miles away. Hence, perfect fuel economy! There's no catch.

I may be off base, but I'd think a high moment of inertia is a better thing for those who tend to drive smoothly; it would only be problematic if you tend to accelerate/brake frequently. (Like most drivers out here. *sigh*)

That's just adorable! Can you exchange the front wheels for skis and make it a snowmobile in winter? It's so close to the ground, even if I slid off the road in ice, it would be more like sledding than crashing. :biggrin: The downside is everyone would see your clutter in the car, and the thieves could probably just pick it up and put it in the back of their pick-up truck. Can I get one with a really loud horn and blinking lights on the roof so I don't get squashed by the SUVs who won't see it?

Seriously, if I wasn't afraid someone would just pick it up and carry it away to steal it, it's the sort of car that would be fun as a second car for the daily commute. It looks like something out of the Jetsons! :biggrin:

It looks French. :biggrin:

I like the door.

Moonbear said:
That's just adorable! Can you exchange the front wheels for skis and make it a snowmobile in winter? It's so close to the ground, even if I slid off the road in ice, it would be more like sledding than crashing. :biggrin: The downside is everyone would see your clutter in the car, and the thieves could probably just pick it up and put it in the back of their pick-up truck.
If that be the case, think what a high wind would do.

BTW, where are the pedals? :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
If that be the case, think what a high wind would do.
Whoweee! Better get me the optional parachute! :biggrin:

BTW, where are the pedals? :biggrin:
Under her feet of course. :tongue:

moose said:
"The big wheels have a reason behind it, the bigger the wheel less turns it has to make to travel, less turns less energy expended. "

Only to the extent that we [may] have fewer frictional losses in the drive train and on the road. And it may eliminate a gear reduction. But if you are saying that in principle this reduces the energy required to travel a given distance, no.

Last edited:
So much for dates in the back seat...:biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
So much for dates in the back seat...:biggrin:
:rofl: That's a lot of windows to frost up too.

1. What is the Peugeot Design Contest?

The Peugeot Design Contest is an international competition organized by the French car manufacturer Peugeot. It invites designers and professionals to create innovative and futuristic designs for the brand's vehicles.

2. Who is André Costa?

André Costa is a Brazilian designer and the winner of the 2021 Peugeot Design Contest with his design for the "Moovie" concept car. He currently works as a freelance designer and has won several other design awards.

3. What is the Moovie concept car?

The Moovie is a concept car designed by André Costa for the Peugeot Design Contest. It is a compact and electric urban vehicle that aims to provide an environmentally friendly and efficient solution for city transportation.

4. What is unique about André Costa's design?

André Costa's design for the Moovie stands out for its sleek and futuristic appearance, as well as its innovative features such as a solar panel roof and a retractable steering wheel. It also incorporates Peugeot's brand identity and design language.

5. Will the Moovie concept car be put into production?

At this time, there are no plans for the Moovie concept car to be put into production. The Peugeot Design Contest serves as a way for the brand to explore new design ideas and concepts, but not all winning designs are guaranteed to be produced.