Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dropkick Murphys or Flogging Molly?

1. Feb 16, 2009 #1
    If you had the choice of listening to either of these bands which would you chose. I would chose the Murphys, but that's just me.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 16, 2009 #2

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Um, are you going to do something to the other band? Are we just down to two? Can only one exist as the other lives? Is it like a Harry Potter thing?

4. Feb 16, 2009 #3
    I'm not familiar with Dropkick Murphys, so I'll have to go with Flogging Molly by default*.

* I reserve the right to change my vote at any moment, for no particular reason. ;-)

5. Feb 16, 2009 #4

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I have all the Flogging Molly albums (if I don't then I'm off to the store tomorrow!), and I don't think I have any Dropkick Murphy albums (though strangely, my son does. In a vast musical universe where our tastes are lightyears apart, they happen to overlap here.)

6. Feb 18, 2009 #5
    I prefer Flogging Molly. the more folk irish sound is what does it for me.
    to me Dropkick is really just oi with some boston irish pride thrown in. I still like them and own a few of their albums though.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook