1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dropping a class by accident

1. Sep 2, 2012 #1
    I added a class before the add due date, but dropped it right after by accident (after the drop due date). Now, I received a grade R in the class, which I'm guessing means incomplete or something. The time in between which I added and dropped right after is less than like 20 seconds. What can I do?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 2, 2012 #2
    ask administration if they can do something, if you do nothing though it will remain an R

4. Sep 2, 2012 #3
    I'm sure there are policies in place to deal with situations like this, especially if it happened very recently. Mistakes like yours can't be terribly uncommon.

5. Sep 2, 2012 #4

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

What did the registrar say when you talked to him/her?

6. Sep 4, 2012 #5
    I talked to an adviser. They said they couldn't do anything because it was after the drop date. It's just ridiculous how I'm receiving an R for the class without even have gone to one class.

7. Sep 4, 2012 #6

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

OK, what did the registrar say?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook