1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dual major

1. Jul 2, 2011 #1
    Hi, I was considering the notion of studying both physics and chemistry, but am reluctant to decide definitively so. I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a relationship between the two, in that they compliment each other, because I plan on doing research in the field of physics. Does having extensive knowledge in chemistry help in some aspects of physics? Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 3, 2011 #2
    I would greatly appreciate if someone to respond, thank you.

4. Jul 3, 2011 #3
    Bashyboy,
    Every physicist knows some chemistry, and every chemist knows some physics. Physical chemistry is where the two subjects meet. So yes, that is a smart choice if you decide that this field of science interests you. Do some research on it.

5. Jul 4, 2011 #4
    The extent to how much a dual major would help you depends on what you want to do research in really.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook